Chapter 6

Grayson's POV

"Grayson, make sure you tighten your movements when you throw punches. You cannot swing wildly at your opponent, or they will be able to block your blows easily," my dad says, holding his fitness mitts back up.

"Right," I say, and continue to deliver precise punches while dodging his attacks.

Right now, we're in the pack house gym building continuing with my alpha training. Until I can turn into my wolf form, I'm stuck with basic workouts and hand to hand combat training with dad or Mr. Ward from the local dojo. The gym is pretty big since it holds a ton of exercise equipment and weight lifting areas for the packs warriors and members to use. There's even a track on the second floor and a giant pool outside. Dad and I are at the back of the building where the sparing mats and equipment are. However, my stupid brain can't help but think back to Eli's announcement last practice.

Omega. I still can't believe that Eli is an omega. How can an omega be so strong and good at sports? Let alone challenge an alpha and win. However, it doesn't take much to beat Luke at anything, so maybe that's not a good example. But when we all get older Eli might change, and become soft. Then he'll become someone's obedient mate. For some reason that thought doesn't settle well with me, though I don't know why. Besides, my dad never really said that omegas were spineless or weak, but he did say that they needed to be protected because they aren't as strong as us.

Suddenly a mitt hits me on my left side. "Son, stay focused!" my dad barks, snapping me back to reality.

"Sorry," I say, rubbing my now sore torso.

" You cannot afford to zone out when your enemy is trying to kill you! If you need time to think about other things then we can end training here for today."

"No! No, I'm ready now," I say, getting back into my fighting stance.

"Very well, let's continue."

After two hours of sparring, we take a break since some pack members had to talk to my dad about something. I sit down on a nearby bench and take a few swigs out of my water bottle, enjoying the cool off time. I seriously can't wait to finally have a wolf form, and find out what my wolf is like. My dad says that when you're a wolf you can run faster see clearer, and have an incredible sense of smell; which comes in handy when you're trying to hunt down rogues in the area. His wolf, Saber, is super energetic and funny (at least that's what dad says since he's the only one who can talk to him) despite my dad being a serious and stoic person. I hope that my wolf form looks as cool as dad's dark grey and silver form. Looking up I see my dad approach me with the pack members behind him.

"I have to take care of something at the eastern boarder son, so training will end here for today. Bo here will take you back to the house and you are to stay there until I return, understand?"

"Yes sir."

"Good." Dad and the other pack member leave through the back entrance and into the woods while I follow Bo back home. I can't help but always worry when my dad leaves to deal with rogues or any other threats. Why can't I join him? I mean yes, I don't have my wolf form yet but I can still fight! Or do something other than sit and wait around, oblivious to what's going on. But I know that me being there will only make things worse for dad since he'll have to worry about protecting me and fighting off the rogues. 

Come on wolf side, what's taking so long?

*****

"What do you mean you don't want to go with me anymore?" I over hear Eli say.  I'm waiting for my friends so we can go to lunch, but might as well eavesdrop on his conversation with Judy Foster.