Chapter 25

Elijah's POV

"Oof, and I thought my placement was bad," Atlantis says, holding back a laugh.

"Let me see that paper," Gray demands, moving around Milo to rip the paper off the door. He scans over it several times, even flips it over, before his shoulders slump down as his frown deepens. "It definitely says our names on here. Let me call Jaden real quick," he says, pulling out his phone as he walks a few feet away.

This can NOT be happening. Me and Gray. Roommates. For two weeks. As in, living in this small cabin, together, for TWO WEEKS. Thank goddess we're not sharing a room together, but still, roommates! I know we've been getting along well enough over the past few months, but it's not like we've been talking every single day. Now that might be the case and I don't know if that will end up being a good thing, or make things worse. Gray joins back with our group after barking at his phone, and we all awkwardly wait until Jaden pulls up next to us on a snowmobile.

"Hey Gray! Check out this sweet ride Beryl let me borrow. Isn't it a beauty," Jaden says, with a wide shit-eating grin as she pats the vehicle.

"Jaden, mind explaining why me and Eli are sharing a cabin together," Gray says, shoving the paper towards her.

"Did I do that? Oh, silly me, you know sometimes things tend to slip from my mind. I totally forgot about your years-long feud and soulmate pairing with Eli. My bad," she says practically oozing sarcasm.

"Jaden!"

"What! You should have known that this was going to happen when you let me do room assignments. If anything, seeing you pissed off now is a reward for me having to sort 500-something teens into cabin arrangements that accommodate their needs. The hours of sleep that I sacrificed for this can never be returned," she says with an exaggerated sigh.

"Oh, please. We both know that you're too much of a night owl to have been going to bed at normal hours," Gray says, crossing his arms.

"On the weekends, not weekdays."

"Hate to interrupt, not really though, but can you just call this little joke off and give us our real cabin numbers," I say, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"Yeah... about that. You see, it was just going to be a joke at first. I even had two different versions of the room assignments typed up. However, someone assigned Luke to do the checking and sending of our documents to the Crystal Moon pack, and Luke sent the wrong document to them. So yeah, now you're stuck together."

"Of course, that's what happened," I groan out.

Jaden shrugs. "For what it's worth, at least I put Vic with you guys instead of Luke like I originally thought up."

"Oh goddess, now I have a headache just thinking about that!"

"Sorry dude. On the bright side, I managed to grab all of you guys' luggage and bring it here to make up for this," she says, gesturing to the bags tied to a sled connected to the snowmobile.

"Thanks," Victor says, him and Gray swiftly unloading the bags and placing them by the cabin entrance. I'd help, but I'm too busy wrapping my head around the reality that I living in right now.

"Well, see you guys later!" Jaden calls out as she speeds away.

"Welp, I'm heading back to my cabin. Catch you later at the Winter Solstice festival," Atlantis says, jogging away.

"Traitor!" I shout after her, which only makes her bark out a laugh as she leaves.

The remaining four of us just stand there awkwardly for a moment, until Milo lets out a groan. "This is too weird, let's just go inside and check things out before we all freeze to death out here. Goddess knows I'm cold," he says grabbing the key hanging on a nail next to the door. Opening the door, he goes inside while the rest of us follow behind hesitantly with our belongings.