Chapter Ten

"Good try, Bob!" Haley called after poor Bob had yet to knock down any pins. She wasn't doing much better and they had taken up sanction together in their failure. It was all good fun anyway, neither of them were bothered by it. She looked up at the scoreboard and the leaders were Rooster, Fanboy and Phoenix. Blaze and Payback followed shortly behind them. They entered their callsigns on the screen.

"Maybe we should just Grease 2 it next time?" Haley suggested and Bob looked confused. "Squat down and roll it. In the bowling scene with Score Tonight."

"Not everyone has poor taste in movies like you do, Hurricane." Blaze commented, laughing.

"My taste is just fine. I have exquisite taste in all things." Haley replied, with a shrug. "Especially men. You know, blonde, clean shaven, blue eyes." She glanced at Rooster. She had just described the opposite of him to mess with him. Since Phoenix and Bob were the only two who knew, they hadn't been showing any display of affection all evening. That was one downside to the secret bit, there were times she wanted to be out in the open with him.

"Is that so?" Rooster asked, picking up his bowling ball. He passed by Haley on his way to go bowl on his turn. "Sounds questionable to me. Looks like Kazansky over there, and you could do better." Haley hadn't realized it but the description she had given fit Blaze. Which definitely wasn't her type. She was looking at hers right in front of her.

Rooster sent his ball off, getting a strike. He turned around with a smirk at Haley. She both loved and hated when he looked at her like that. "Your turn, shortcake." Rooster stepped aside so she could go up there. He still lingered near where Haley was rather than going to sit down again.

Haley picked up her ball off the rack. She began to walk forward when Blaze walked up behind her. "Let me show you. You're throwing it wrong. You can't chunk it out there." He told her, putting his hands on her arms to try to position her better. She felt comfortable with it because she trusted Blaze. She had to, he was her eyes and ears in the back of the plane. His hands slipped down to her waist, "And don't lean over so much." Haley, not too different from Bob, was leaning out and chunking the ball. Bowling was a sport she'd never cared for or understood.

"Okay that's enough, Kazansky." Rooster interrupted as he walked closer. Haley turned around to look at him when she heard him speak up. Oh God. She thought. She thought back to a few weeks ago when he had talked to her about Blaze being into her. Haley really didn't think that, but was she wrong? She'd had guy friends all through her life and never thought any differently with him. She was now wondering if she had been wrong about this particular one.

"I'm just trying to help her." Blaze argued and did not budge. Rooster stepped closer to him, the guys were both at the same height. Something about Rooster looked more intimidating though.

"I won't ask twice. Get your hands off my girlfriend." At that, Blaze did drop his hands. He looked at Haley, confused, then at Rooster and back at Haley.

Haley looked at Blaze, and glanced at the others. Fanboy and Payback didn't look like they'd heard the exchange, and if they did, they didn't care. They were occupied on whatever was on Fanboy's phone. Haley turned her attention back to Blaze. "What's he talking about?" Blaze asked Haley. He almost seemed hurt. Haley wasn't sure if it was Rooster's theory that Blaze was into her, or that she didn't share something important with him.

"We're dating. It's still new.....but we've been together before. It's sort of complicated. We weren't telling anyone right now." Haley answered. "Otherwise I would have told you. But it wasn't relevant to work.  I'm sorry this is how you found out. It was just going to be between Rooster and me for now." She was a little frustrated that was how it happened. She glanced at Rooster but he did not seem bothered. He looked like a dog that had just won a pissing contest.