Chapter Twenty-Four

Rooster's POV

    Rooster wondered what was taking Haley so long with her errand inside the house. She hadn't disclosed why she ran back in, but he noticed they forgot to get towels. He had been standing next to the table, and took a drink of the wine she had brought out there. He sat the glass down then went inside a few minutes after she did to check on her.

    "Babe, can you grab some-" Rooster began but stopped walking when he saw Haley standing in the doorway of the bathroom. Her face was a little paler than usual, and she was holding something wrapped in a tissue so she wasn't touching it. At first he thought it was a thermometer, but then Haley turned it toward him. She looked up at him but wasn't saying anything. It was a positive pregnancy test.

    Rooster was trying to stay calm for her sake, because she looked utterly shocked. He took a deep breathe, trying to decide what to say. He was internally freaking out, the last thing he expected to walk in on was his girlfriend holding a pregnancy test. He didn't want to say the wrong thing. "Do you have something to tell me?" He asked her.

    "It's....not mine." Haley answered Rooster.

    Rooster let out a breathe he did not realize he had been holding in. That was a relief. He wanted a family one day, but the timing wouldn't have been ideal. After having a second to process, he realized why she seemed so stunned. If it wasn't hers, then it was Sabrina's. Rooster wondered if that was the answer to what Haley had suspected was off about Sabrina. He was about to ask how she got ahold of it, but before Rooster could say anything else, someone else came barging in. Rooster hadn't even heard the door open but he'd been a little preoccupied trying to figure out if his girlfriend was pregnant. He expected to see Sabrina, considering she lived there, but it was Hangman.

    Hangman looked at the two of them, almost seeming surprised to find them in the house. Why that was, Rooster wasn't sure considering Haley actually lived there, unlike her brother who just let himself inside. Rooster wanted to know why he was barging in like it was his house, and at this time of evening.

    Hangman opened his mouth to say something then noticed what Haley had in her hand. He looked at her then at Rooster and back at Haley.

    "What the fuck. Are you pregnant?" Hangman asked and Rooster swore his voice raised an octave. "How-who-" He paused and realization washed over his face as he looked back at Rooster.

    Here we go, Rooster thought. Obviously Rooster and Haley both knew that this test didn't belong to them, but their relationship was about to be outed. There wouldn't be much point in trying to cover it now. Rooster was sure he still looked a little stunned from the initial shock of walking in on Haley with the test.

    "Did you knock up my sister?!" Hangman demanded and Rooster snorted at the terminology used. He didn't know the last time he'd heard that used. That only pissed Hangman off more and he was then coming at Rooster. Haley jumped in between them before he actually reached Rooster to do anything.

    "Haley get back," Rooster told her. He tried to move her but she was too damn stubborn. She stayed planted between the two of them. Rooster didn't know what she thought she'd do to break up a fight between two grown men twice her size if it happened.

    "No he didn't and it isn't mine!" Haley snapped at her brother. "What are you even doing here?" She questioned. Her tone of voice sounded heated.