Chapter 10

"Is this..."

"The same tiger from yesterday? Probably."

We weren't aware of our position yesterday, but when we returned, we came through the west gate, and the description stated that the last sighting was on the west side of the city.

The blue tiger is considered a high-priority target. This is the third time high-level enemies arrived in this city. First the wyverns, second Nia, and now the blue tiger.

While Nia couldn't be considered an enemy, there is that salamander that chased after her before.

The blue tiger is extremely dangerous for new adventurers, especially to those without a good physical attacker, like our team.

Alpha is a city where they train new adventurers, so it must be kept as a safe and controlled environment.

Other than that, its skin is also pretty expensive, its fang is used for jewelry, and its insides are highly nutritious.

One tiger is a whole week's worth of paycheck, so many adventurers are keen on finding it.

"Should we try?"

"Blue tigers are smart. To think the one we met could be tricked so easily..."

Emma fell into deep thought.

"How do you know they're smart?"

"I read about it in the library last night."

"No wonder I heard some rustling."

My back hurts from sleeping on the floor. If she's going to head out to the library, she should've told me. That way, I could take her spot on the bed.

"But there's something weird about this particular quest."

Nia looked around, and a figure caught her eye. She pulled herself closer to me and whispered.

"Let's go out."

Hearing that, I gave Emma a code and we left the guild. We distance ourselves from the guild. Nia checked the surroundings before continuing.

"That request was posted by a noble."

"Nobles existed here?"

"Yes... you don't know about them?"

Nia wouldn't understand, since she's from this world.

Emma pulled me to the side and whispered.

"Human traits aren't something you could just remove from someone. Naturally, there will be nobles and commoners, oppressors and heroes. It's not something we could control easily."

Nia looked at us suspiciously, but she didn't bother pushing it further.

"So, should we accept?"

Emma asked, her eyes sparkling with excitement. Isn't it weird how she's so excited despite nearly getting eaten yesterday?

I really don't understand how her passive shield works, but if she didn't trip yesterday, who knows what would happen.

I looked at the two. One sparkling with excitement, the other sporting a concerned look.

"Of course not. Did you forget what happened yesterday?"

That tiger made a complete fool of us. I won't go back and get chased again.

"Actually, I just remembered something, how are you doing Nia?"

"Huh? I'm fine. I have recovered from most of my wounds."