Chapter 22

"So that's what happened, huh..."

During our fight, Riko was able to slip out of the field and take a position at one of the buildings the man built. The arena was surrounded by multiple sand buildings with complex structures and layouts.

Navigating through such a maze takes time, and that's why Riko didn't appear up until the very last moment. The complexity of the structures is obvious even from the center of the battlefield, and I would argue that it was very unnecessary.

Why he decided to use that, we would never know.

Riko used a sniper rifle to take out Alexander. Guns are pretty rare in this world, but they're still accessible. Shrapnel, on the other hand, is very rare. Shrapnel is the nickname given to metal bullets, the ones used back on Earth.

They're expensive, and in most cases considered to be overkill, even against the demon's army. Usually, only the high-ranking members of the demon's army get anti-magic armor, so for your average demon, they could be settled with normal magic or laser bolts.

Alexander relies on his armor to neutralize magic. His armor also protects him from most laser-type shots, especially the weaker less-damaging types like paralyze or sleep.

That armor doesn't do anything against shrapnels though.

'Firing from the ground is too risky, as if I missed and he became aware of a shrapnel user among the enemy, his tactics would definitely change.' That's what Riko said.

In bosses like this, it is best to keep your trump card up to the very end.

After defeating him, we went to Omega. There were medical facilities at Misana, but we were needed at Omega. Nia managed to recover not long after the battle ended, but Emma was still unconscious.

"Will Emma really be alright?"

I muttered worryingly.

"The doctors said she'll be fine, she just needs rest."

"I wonder what happened to her..."

Emma had low stats, and based on what Riko told me, healing is a rare ability few people have. It took a long time to learn, so your average person won't be using that so soon.

Someone of her capabilities isn't supposed to have that kind of spell in their arsenal. Buff is an entirely different thing though.

While buff does exist in this world, obtaining it is less simple.

Several high-level foods give you a slight buff, but they're far too expensive for your average adventurer, and the buff they give isn't that high either.

Some potions could also give you a buff, but like food, their effects are very limited.

Although, unlike Emma's buff which is temporary, the buffs some food and potions gave you were permanent, although they too have a limit on how far they could push you.

The fact that we could keep up with Alexander after receiving Emma's buff means her buff is simply unnatural, a testament to her angelic abilities, assuming it really is her angelic abilities at work.

"Let's not worry about her for now."

Riko snaps me back to reality. He's right, thinking about Emma won't speed up her recovery.

We were now walking toward the Royal Castle, the building in the center of Omega, the center of this kingdom.

I still haven't gotten the name of this kingdom yet, though. I really should ask someone about it.