Chapter 12

"What are you doing here, Riko?"

On her guard, Amel stared sharply at the figure who was standing in front of the lift.

Standing there was a tall young man with white hair, wearing a white suit and white trousers.

"Well... this is surely an interesting turn of events."

Amel said with a smile, regaining her composure. Her staff still pointed toward the man.

But then I realized something, the man wasn't looking at her.

He's looking at me.

"It's interesting to see a fellow Earthling here."

He said with a grin on his face.

"Earthling?"

"Is this related to the rumors I've heard recently? On how Amnesia Clansmen didn't actually forget their memories, but instead came from another world?"

Amel caught up immediately. Nia looked at her confusedly, before looking back at me.

... Don't give me those suspicious eyes, you're not exactly normal either!

He then moved his gaze towards Emma.

"It's nice to see you here, Miss Angel."

With a smile, he took a step forward.

"Sleep!"

"Paralyze!"

"Brrrtttt!"

"Hey, stop it! Stop! Why are you shooting at me!?"

He said while running to the side, hiding behind a pillar.

"That's what I wanted to ask, Riko!"

"Amel, you idiot! What do you mean you wanted to ask!? I invited you two days ago to scout the mansion, right!? Have you forgotten!?"

"Ah..."

Amel averted her gaze. A shy smile creeps onto her face.

"So... you're not hostile?"

I asked, my gun still pointed at him. The man shook his head.

"Of course not. I saw you two infiltrate the mansion, so I followed you from behind."

"Then what's with that entrance?"

"That's a joke. I don't make jokes often, but this is what I get when I do make one."

The man said as he looked to the ground and facepalmed.

Are all bounty hunters this stupid? Of course we're going to shoot you! Stop making such weird entrances!

Just what is wrong with these clowns.

"Besides, I thought Amel would at least remember what I said two days ago, so I thought she was just playing around. I don't know if she was serious."

"Teehee..."

Amel awkwardly scratched her head.

"Anyway, so this is what you meant by something that caught your attention."

The man said as he looked at the three of us.

"Ah, yeah..."

Amel was about to say something, but she closed her lips and looked at us.

"What?"

The two bounty hunters looked at us. They had an investigating gaze on their face. Amel's gaze was for some reason, locked on Emma.