Chapter 15: "upset emotions"

A month passed sence then. Halloween was just around the corner making everyone excited.

Not Denki though. He was obvious.

On some things. Like the existence of Halloween; No one thought to explain just yet.

But Denki was unfortunately very aware of the rising tensions in the school. He opened up a little to Nezu and Mic but they kept getting cutt off by something else and never got through with the talk and Denki figured he should just drop it entirely.

He tried his best to ignore it entirely. It worked for a few days then it just got worse. The lunchroom became a absolute NIGHTMARE. It was clear he was the least liked even though he didn't do anything. Not only was Monoma still messing up his lunch, so was everyone else. Denki still wanted to sit with the squad so bad but everytime he so much as entered the lunchroom, kids would throw food at him.

At first when all of this was happening, the baku squad helped him but that only led to them getting targeted too. Not just by food but by major bullying. Both online and at school. Aizawa couldn't do anything about it as it was a touchy subject that might piss off the press if he or anyone got involved. So eventually they stopped helping Denki because it got so bad. They felt very guilty about it though.

Denki was still not allowed to fight back even just a little bit. He had to be the victim and couldn't do anything about it.

As a result, Denki decided today from now on he'll stop going to the lunchroom and returned to the teacher staff room for lunch. The squad had a talk about it over phone and encouraged him to go back there for his own safety. Denki didn't take it to hard.... he accepted that that's just how it was now. He was a disappointed. That he'll openly admit. He just wanted to be 'normal' or Atleast not teated poorly by strangers.... he felt like a alien..

The lunch bell rang and everyone got up. He said bye to his friends and walked over to Mr Aizawas desk.

Mr Aizawa raised and eyebrow at him. "You need something Denki?"

"Everyone thought it would be better if I just go back to having lunch in the teachers staff room. Is it still alright?" Denki asked.

He was a little down the whole day and Aizawa noticed. The decision kept Denki up most of the night. He kept texting "are you guys sure?" In the squads group chat every hour until dawn. It pissed bakugo off to the point he shut his phone off completely tell morning.

Aizawa studied Denki for a moment then gave in out of sympathy.

"Alright... come on." Aizawa said. Denki followed him out and through the halls. They approached the lunchroom and Aizawa held the door open for him. Denki just shook his head and ducked from the door so he wouldn't be seen. Aizawa thankfully understood and left to get both of their food.

Denki leaned against the wall as he waited. He was watching tiktok, not really paying attention to his surroundings, and didn't notice Monoma approaching until he was right next to him.

"Oh hey neito! How are you?" Denki asked as he took off his ear buds.

"Hey, yeah, i wanted to ask you something." Monoma stated with a weird smile. It was obvious he was fake and Denki grew a little uneasy.

"Uh, yeah?" Denki asked.

"I was thinking, how about I get you a Halloween costume for the Halloween dance and such?" Monoma asked.

"Halloween? Whats that?" Denki asked.

A little taking back by the statement Monoma just decided to be mean.