Chapter 30: "pressure"

November 8th
10AM.

Suki Tohru finnished drying one of the last glasses and put them away. It was another successful night bartending the bar. Honestly Suki felt like he was a teenager again when he worked at this bar back in the day.

"Thanks again for helping me with that creep Suki. I owe you one." Hera, a stripper here at the bar, thanked.

She was a beautiful black woman that was one of the popular dancers. She was in her normal clothes now as the night club was closing for the night. She wore a light pink blouse, dark jeans, and her signature leather jacket. Her royal braids went to her waist and the color faded from black to light yellow at the tips. Her eyes reminded suki of the stary night sky: friendly, calming, and easy to get lost in. She was an angel to every client and coworker. And Everyone respected her like she was their mother or a goddess not to be disrespected.

Suki did have a crush on her but since he only meet her for a week now and how awful his past relationships were, he decided to just keep to himself about it. It's better if he didn't think about it anyways. He had a son to take care and focus on now anyways.

"No problem Hera." Suki smiled. He started wiping down the counter. "Want a drink for the road?"

"Eh, why not? So whats your story Suk? How did a nice guy like you end up in a shit show like this?" Hera asked chuckling.

Suki chuckled as he poured her the drink than went back to wiping down the counter.

"It's a long story. I actually grew up in the house im living in right now. Even used to work here in my teenage years." Suki informed.

"Going back to old habits?" Hera asked with a sly smirk that made sukis heart flutter a bit.

"Hope not. I usually make it a point to avoid history repeating itself." Suki smiled softly.

"I get ya, i get ya. Trouble in paradise?" Hera asked.

"Hows a hurricane sound?" Suki joked. Hera chuckled. "How about you? How'd you end up here?"

"Long-story-short, my parents are assholes. Put me through so much shit i could write 6 book series. Which i kinda am, im a writer and use my horrifying trama for my mystery novels." Hera beamed.

"You're a writer!? Thats awesome! My biological father was a writer during the war. Wrote many poems, novels, and inspirational letters while on the battlefield. I never inherited his talent though." Suki chuckled.

"Heh, can relate. Oh, i got to go. My sitter for my kid is trying to get ahold of me." Hera said getting up.

"You got a kid?" Suki asked.

"Yup. Almost 2. You?"

"Huh, my daughters died but i have a son i didn't know existed comeing next weekend. Bit nervous." Suki laughted off his nervousness.

Hera gave him a warm smile and a look of understanding. "Well, if you ever need anything. Here's my number. Call anytime."

She left the slip on the counter and said her goodbyes before leaving into the light sunrise rain. The sky of warm beautiful colors that seems to welcome her as if she too was the sun.

Suki smiled and looked at the small slip of paper.

Maybe he still can make friends after everything....