Chapter 21: "like father like son"

Shinso, as usual, stayed up all night. But this time it was for a different reason than his insomnia diagnosis. No, it was because he needed to watch and make sure denki didn't puke and choke on it. And to make sure he was still breathing.

Denkis glow when he slept went in and out like a candle light. Sometimes it was bright, and sometimes barley noticeable. Shinso spotted the reason for it too.

The brighter the light, the deeper he was asleep. And when it suddenly went out it was because denki julted up to puke suddenly. Breaking him out of his slumber. Jumpscaring both of them at times.

Shinso used this knowledge to his advantage. He used it to read his book instead of using the lamp. That way he had a better chance of noticing the change and would prepare accordingly.

They were in shinso's dormroom. He thought it would be best to bing him here instead of up in denkis. Mainly out of fear of being spotted and a rumor starting up. He definitely didn't want that...

Though, shinso grew very annoyed and resentful of how he was even watching the moron in the first place. Even if it was his own decision to do so. He didn't know why, but ever sence he first met him he's been drawn to him like a magnet...

The first time he saw him he stepped out of the shadows of that allyway with his dog. Shinso had no idea why he was a bit in a trance when he saw him. Maybe it was just the annoying sun. Or maybe he was something bad and it was his gut telling him to keep an eye on him. Either way, shinso found himself subconsciously stalking him ever sence. Not searching his name or anything but watching him and his every move when he was seen.

It wasn't just him watching the blonde intensity like he was a danger either. Everyone else was too. Shinso was highly aware of it. And their thoughts weren't all that happy either...

"Shinso...?" Denki asked. Shinso looked up and saw denki was half asleep. But rubbing his eyes and was definitely disoriented. He was touching the bed as if trying to literally grab onto reality and try to make sense of everything.

Shinso looked at the clock. 6am. Shinso was sure he was still high. He put down his book with the bookmark in it and got up. He grabbed denkis hands and put one on his own chest.

At the time, shinso didn't have a shirt on because of how hot the room got and the AC was currently broken. He also took denkis off a long time ago because of the same reason but still gave him a light blanket so he wouldn't somehow catch a cold.

Denki still had a bluching face, indicating 2 things. 1 he was still druck and 2 it was a hot room even to him. Shinso grabbed the glass of water he already had prepared.

"You should drink some water." Shinso said quietly. He helped denki sit up but denki didn't want to drink. He jerked his head away and some of the cold water spached on him. Making him jult more. Shinso put the water down and leaned denki against the bed frame. He grabbed denkis cheeks firmly and pushed his head upwards. He grabbed the cup again and put it to his lips. "Drink." He ordered. Denki hesitated then did as he was told.

Satisfied, Shinso once again tucked denki back in and he fell back to sleep. Only this time denki didn't let go of his wrist. Shinso still had some healing wounds from about 3 months ago when he met Sunsine. He hadn't cut sence but that doesn't mean anything really. Denkis grip on him was incredibly weak but shinso could tell he was hanging on as tight as he could at the moment.

Shinso stared at denkis hand then looked at denki.

"P-please stay... i-i dont want to be alone..." denki slured. He wasn't thinking or speaking clearly but it was obvious this was something that ment something to him. That those words mean something deeper.

Shinso could relate to those words. Deeply. So deeply he might have a complete meltdown if he thought about it to much. He knew, even though this would be considered gay, he did it anyways.

Shinso climbed over denki and layed on the other side of him. Denki and him held hands and didn't let go. With that, it seemed to calm denki down. He fell asleep fast and this time the light didn't flicker.

And for the first time in a long while...

Shinso too felt at ease and fell asleep.

Aizawa wanted to check on shinso because of how wild and stressful all those drunk teens were. Luckily all of them seem to be fine but boy was someone in deep trouble.

Aizawa walked through the halls tiredly. Not only did he not sleep at all he had to teach, take care of crowds, take care of 500+ drunk teens and some teachers (**cough* midnight *cough*), and do a night potrol shift. He was glad it was the weekend and his day off. He was going to spend the day just sleeping. Right after he checked on shinso and eri Ofcourse.

He made it to shinsos dorm. He wasn't good at nocking so he just walked right in.

"Shinso?" Aizawa called out. He closed the door and walked further into the dorm. He rounded the corner and was shocked to see Shinso sleeping. but not onky that. He was also sleeping next to denki.

At first he thought they fucked and grew mad but than smelled the trash can. He peared into it and saw it was full of vomit and tissues with vomit in it.

Suspicious, he checked the other side of the bed. No bucket. Just on denkis. He stood at the foot of the bed and realized they were also holding hands. Aizawa was puzzled, amazed, angry, and other things he had no idea.

He decided to just let it go and just observe them from a far and leave them be. He started to walk out but looked back again before leaving.

Just like me and mic when i was his age. Huh. He really is my son.

A/n

Sorry this took so long!!!

8/31/22

Word count: 1,084