A Challenge Pt. 1

At the local park

Asher: "Ash, you're here."

Ash: "Yeah. Oh, and I brought this random guy here."

???Ash's brother???: (This kid.) "Hi! You guys must be Ash's friend. Thanks for being friends with him."

Asher: "No problem. Umm, sorry, who are you?"

???Ash's brother???: "Oh, I'm this lost child's brother."

Ash: (Damn you.)

Asher: "Oh, I see. Nice meeting you. Wait, didn't you say your brother was a teacher in the academy?"

Ash: "Yeah, this is my brother Floy."

Floy: *Chuckles.* "You know, I teach class B, your neighbor." *smiles.*

Asher: *Shocked.* (Oh, I think I get it. He wants intel.)

Floy: "Alright, let's cut to the chase. I'm a busy guy, you know."

Ash: "What do you mean? Just say that you don't wanna miss the latest episode of, Anata wa Kawaii."

Floy: *Shocked.* *giggle.* "Anyway, I'm sure you guys know why I'm here."

Asher: "Yeah."

Floy: "Alright, then this should be easy. Okay, the rules are, if you guys manage to beat me, you guys win and I'll give you intel. If I manage to beat you guys, I win and you'll give me intel. That's all."

Asher: *Freeze.*

Ash: "He's basically challenging us to a fight."

Asher: (What? A fight? I was thinking it would be more of a negotiation. I didn't expect a fight. But, if we win we get intel. But can we really win by fighting against a teacher?)

Floy: "Get ready! Let me show you the power of a master magician."

Asher: (He's... a master magician?)

Floy: *Smile.* (This is gonna be fun.)

Steven: "We'll accept."

Asher: (Steven?)

Steven: "All we have to do is fight right?"

Floy: "Yup! That's all you have to do."

Steven: "Alright, we'll make you regret challenging us."

Floy: *Smile.* "We'll see about that."

Asher: (He got a point. If we want info, we have to get it ourselves. We can't keep relying on others. This might just be our only chance.)

Floy: "Oh, by the way, which one of you is Asher?"

Asher: "Oh, that's me."

Floy: "Oh, so you're the one who beat this stupid brat right over here."

Ash: (At least I'm not a lost child.)

Floy: "You know, I thought it was that blonde guy right over there."

Asher: "Oh, that's Ray."

Floy: "I see." (They're both somehow different but with the same auras.) *shocked.* (Is this kid...?)

???Mysterious voice in Floy's head???: (Yes, you're not just seeing things.)

Floy: (You're seeing through my vision?)

???Mysterious voice in Floy's head???: (You wouldn't be able to see it otherwise.)

Floy: "Alright then, get into positions."

Asher and his team get ready and get into position for the battle. If they win this battle, they get information about class B but if they lose, they'll have to give information about themselves.

Floy: "Go all out."

Asher's team immediately made the first move. Steven immediately uses his plants to root Floy. Seeing that attack, Floy jumps and burns the plants. Little does he know, Steven's plants were carrying seeds that have been watered. Steven prepared that right before the battle started.

Steven: "Expand!"

Floy: "Oh, interesting. But, Flayer."

Suddenly, a flame layer was created by Floy's spell, Flayer. Flayer is a flame magic spell that allows the magician to form a layer of flames that protects them from attacks. With Steven being a plant magician, making Floy his natural enemy.

Floy: "That's interesting but I'm a master magician."

Ray suddenly appears behind Floy.

Ray: "We know that."

Floy: *Shocked.*

Ray swings his Thunder Saber to Floy. Unfortunately, Floy blocked the attack with his Flame Gloves. A Thunder Saber is a lightning magic spell. The spell allows the magician to form a lightning into the shape of a sword or saber. Flame Gloves is a flame magic spell. It allows the magician to form flames into the shape of a glove.

Ray immediately backed up just to be safe. Floy then dashes towards Ray without hesitation. Ray stood still, getting ready to block Floy's attack. They're just half a meter away but an ice wall suddenly appears, blocking Floy's way. Although unfortunately, a simple ice wall wouldn't stop him. He breaks the ice wall but little does he know that Ray has been preparing something behind that wall.

Ray: "Shock Spear."

Floy: *Shocked.*

Floy immediately deactivated his Flame Gloves and exploded his way upwards. Yes, a flame magician can create an explosion to launch themself up but, they don't normally use it since it won't make them fly anyway and the power isn't so big.

Floy: (They're good magicians. They have good control, coordination, and teamwork. But...)

Ash suddenly dashes towards Floy, punching him using his Flame Gloves. Ash keeps on punching but Floy just keeps on dodging and blocking and he suddenly jumps to the air. Ash then deactivated his Flame Gloves and backed off. He then creates a small fireball.

Ash: "Flame Ball!"

Floy: "Oh, you've learned Flame Ball."

Ash immediately throws the Flame Ball to Floy but Floy can just easily dodge it. So, he dodges the attack with ease but, that's just what he thought.

Ash: "Boomerang."

Floy: *Shocked.*

The Flame Ball suddenly went back, hitting Floy from the back. What Ash just used is called a variation spell. A variation spell is a spell where something is added from the original spell. In this case Flame Ball is a spell where it's purpose is to be thrown to an enemy and it will travel at the speed of a baseball but a little faster. But, with a variation spell, Ash added so it can go back and hit the enemy in case it misses.

So, after getting hit, Steve immediately uses his plant magic to root Floy and pull him to the ground. They thought they got him but of course, it won't be that easy. Floy survives by using Flame Body. Flame Body is a flame magic spell that allows the magician to form flames into the shape of armor or chest plate that could protect magicians from being attacked but such magic spells consume a lot of energy.

Floy: "You guys really got me." *deactivate Flame Body.* "But, the only person who I haven't seen to act is you, Asher."