Background

"Claws of Rage" is a fanfiction bookseries written by an aspiring animator going by the name Shira, also known as Black Dog Productions, who constructed an alternate universe revolving around Nicole Senicourt Watterson from Ben Bocquelet's "The Amazing World of Gumball".

"i, as the creator and author, am in battle. this is my outlet."

Hey there, my name is Shira. I'm in college as I write this and have an artistic dream I'm striving for.

You might know me from YouTube via all those scarily-toned animations and motion media revolving around Nicole. Perhaps there's been some notes about it here and there, but I've come forth to tell a bit about the personal background of this saga.

Ever since I found myself being comforted by this childhood cartoon, and began writing this fic, a strongest form of coping had come into my life without me even being aware at the start. As I grew up, I began noticing hidden, quite serious hints towards things Nicole could potentially deal with in the canon show, though it takes quite the effort to look past the comedic tone of the cartoon. So what I did, is writing further on that with the help of my own imagination, viewpoint and ideas.

It all really started with me wanting to continue on that one episode, season two's "The Limit", but the further I wrote, the more of an own thing it became. The entire story eventually began containing symbolism, metaphors and representations of my own real life experiences. For instance; the Upper Limit, as fictional condition and formerly gruesome entity, goes further than only having been inspired by the canon episode and snippets of mythology. It's based on a part of me which I couldn't give a place other than projecting it onto a character I feel connected to.

I eventually became aware of something that had been ignored and hidden for most part of my life. November last year is when impending realization came to light, followed by me starting a journey of mental healthcare and professional help, which I'm still on to this day. My way to cope became making this story even more personal and I will gladly keep it close to my heart as I continue my journey to recovery.

"Time for me to heal. Wait... For us to heal."

- Yours truly, Shira