Chapter 4: Some drinks with Friends (Chongyun's point of view)

We walked slowly into Xingqiu house. Xiangling and Hu Tao immediately took their shoes off while Xinyan took her backpack off. I slowly sat Xingqiu down because he was almost asleep, I thought he would start snoring any second. I took off his shoes and then took off mine. I slowly lowered my backpack while I pulled my phone out. I texted my aunt first since I knew my mom was working at the tea shop.

Chongyun- Hey Auntie. Do you think it would be okay if I stayed at my friend's house for the night?

Aunt Shenhe- Oh, so you're back? Hmm, I think your mom did say that Xingqiu asked for you to stay the night when you got back. Is that the friend you are talking about?

Chongyun- Yes Auntie! Do you think it would be fine? I don't want to leave Chao Chao without telling him I won't be at home.

Aunt Shenhe- Oh sweet Chongyun, he said he claimed you the next time you were free. He knew that Xingqiu was going to take you for a night so he's staying at Fei, Lulu, and Meng's house tonight. So don't worry.

Chongyun- Oh. Thank you so much Auntie!

Aunt Shenhe- Of course my little ice cube.

I texted my aunt. I picked Xingqiu up and carried him to his room. I passed by his parents on the way. They waved at me and smiled since they were in a meeting. I waved silently back. I told the others to keep a little quieter. We walked up the stairs and we got into Xingqiu's room. I laid him down and the others sat down.

"You guys want anything to drink? I can go down and get something? I need to get Xingqiu some water." I asked.

"Water will be fine!" Hu Tao said.

"Dude, if his parents have root beer, hand me some of that good stuff!" Xinyan drooled.

"I think I just want milk. BUT. If they have chocolate milk. I would like that better please!" Xiangling whispered, then sneezed.

"Okay!"

I left the room on my way downstairs. I slowly walked down the stairs, not wanting to make the stairs creak. I slowly slipped down the stairs and snuck past the parents' meeting room. Not making a sound. I walked into the kitchen, socks swiping on the floor. I heard pots and pans moving around. I walked slower into the kitchen and noticed it was just Xiao Hong grabbing something. I apparently got too close because I startled her.

"OH ARCHON! Oh my. Chongyun, what a scare you gave me." She grasped her chest.

"I am- so sorry Xiao Hong. I didn't mean to scare you like that."

"It's okay Chongyun! You don't scare me as bad as SOMEONE." She glared into the living room.

"I DON'T SCARE YOU THAT BAD XIAO HONG, RELAX. TAKE A CHILL PILL BITCH." XianChun yelled from his seat at the couch in the pitch-black living room.

"Oh, my archon, get off your phone and help me find this stupid pot you want for your stupid ramen noodles."

"My ramen noodles are not STUPID."

They started arguing while XianChun walked over. He pushed Xiao Hong out of the way and pulled the top pot. He held it up in front of her face silently while she struck a nasty glare at him. He smirked at her while he walked away to go fill it up with water. Xiao Hong slammed the cupboard door shut while still glaring at him. She then flipped around and smiled at me.

"Do you need anything? Like food? Drinks?"

"Oh, I am just here to get 2 waters, a root beer, a chocolate or normal milk and an herbal green tea."

"What a long stupid fucking list." XianChun said while putting his pot on the stove.

"Oh, shut your fucking face. Chongyun doesn't need your bullshit."

"Yeah, Yeah, whatever Xiao Hong." He rolled his eyes at her.

"Ugh, don't listen to him. He's a pain in the ass today. He is on his guy period you know."

"I AM NOT!"

"YES, YOU ARE!!"

"UGH, WHATEVER!" He stomped off to go sit in the darkness and look at his phone.

"Anyways, let me help you get those drinks."

Xiao Hong got down cups and I pulled out the drinks. We started pouring drinks. Xiao Hong poured a cup of milk but then put a ton of chocolate syrup in it. She stirred it with a wooden stick while I put all the cups on a platter. She slowly put the chocolate milk cup on the platter.

"Please be careful going upstairs. Have fun you guys, and if you need anything, then please! Text me or call me and I can get snacks or refills for you guys!" Xiao Hong smiled, "XianChun is making ramen that isn't spicy so if you want some, we are making a ton!"

"I'M NOT SHARING!"

"Yeah, Yeah, have fun with a stomachache dumbass."

"Well, if we need anything, then we'll probably come get it ourselves but thank you so much for helping me and for the offer."

"Of course, Chongyun!"

I then smiled and turned around to head up the stairs. I slowly balanced the platter. Xiangling heard me coming up the stairs and bolted outside to help me. We walked inside the room to see Xingqiu was awake and lively. I placed the platter on the bedside table. I then started to hand out the drinks to everybody.

"Xingqiu, I got you some water. You looked tired so I thought you would want some water when you woke up. Is that okay?"

Xingqiu rubbed his eyes, "Yes, it's perfect. Thank you so much Chongyun."

"Thank you Chongyun!" Everyone else said.

"Oh also, Xiao Hong said that if you guys are hungry, XianChun is making ramen. It's not spicy."

"At least it's not spicy, I can't handle spice..." Hu Tao claimed.

"I like mild spice." Xinyan scoffed.

"I like spicy!!" Xiangling shouted.

"I like whatever is served to me unless it clearly looks unappealing." Xingqiu said as he sipped his water, "And to me, my brother's work... is unappealing. But not disgusting, I guess. I just don't like how it looks."

"Understandable! Some food doesn't look perfect but tastes yummier than most!" Xiangling exclaimed.

I sat down next to Xingqiu while everyone started to hydrate themselves. Xiangling was talking about how working at Wanmin Restaurant was going as the head chef. Hu Tao was talking about how everyone is so freaked out by her working for a funeral parlor. Xinyan just sat and talked about her instrumental skills. Xingqiu leaned his head on my shoulder, sipping his icy water. Hearing his teeth lightly chew the small ice cubes just satisfied me. I rested my cheek on his head. I blew lightly on my tea and drank it. I drank it slowly and tasted each drop. I lifted it to show it to Xingqiu asking if he wanted any. He shook his head lightly saying he was okay. I sat my cup on the platter as Xingqiu's phone began to buzz around in his pocket. He pulled it out to see.