Chapter 18-Nervous (Xingqiu POV)

(SHORT CHAPTER WARNING)

Chongyun stood up and walked over to me. He held my hand, and we walked out of the room. I ran down the stairs and into the kitchen. He walked after me. Xiangling had just placed some sandwiches in the basket. She noticed we came in and smiled. She grabbed the blanket and stuffed it in.

"Have fun lovebirds." Xinyan grinned.

"Xinyan, shut up." Chongyun growled.

"Hmm. No."

She started to cackle as Chongyun and I left. She gave me kissing noises and Xiangling started to make the kissing face. I glared at them and Xinyan threw a spoon near the door. Good thing I closed the door in time. To be honest, I was nervous about this picnic. I feel like I'm going to mess something up.

Chongyun turned his head to look at me and raised an eyebrow, "You good?"

"YES! Yeah, sorry. Just my mind is on something else I guess."

"Like what."

"I'm just hoping this picnic goes well."

"I mean, it should go well. Unless it starts to rain."

"Yeah, here, this is the spot."

We stopped underneath a tree. The tree bent to the side which was perfect for some shade. This type of tree was perfect for people to make swings. I opened the basket and laid the blanket out. I patted it and Chongyun sat down. He started to grab food out while I made sure all corners were out and flat. We sat down and ate.

"Hey Xingqiu?"

"Yes?" I had my face stuffed with a sandwich.

"Thanks for taking me out. I think I needed to really get out and spend quiet time."

"Oh, no need to say thank you. I just wanted to spend time."

It was a lie. And it also wasn't.

I guess I was just nervous.

I grabbed a bottle of tea we had in the basket. I chugged it and Chongyun noticed.

"You okay?"

I finished my drink, "Yeah, just. I don't know."

"Hmm, okay. If you need anything, just know, I am right here."

I nodded my head and turned towards the sunset. I looked at the golden sky, slowly turning pink. The fluffy cotton candy clouds moving by. I thought that now was the time I asked.

Now was the time I finally told him.

Now was finally the time to ask him to be my boyfriend.