Chapter 8: Upset times (Xingqiu's point of view)

-Letter from Author: Sorry that the last chapter was so short. This chapter is also going to be short. Chapter 7 and Chapter 8 were originally supposed to be the same chapter but I replaced it and made them separate chapters because it made more sense. Anyways, enjoy <3.

I walked back into the room with Xinyan and Hu Tao behind me. Xiangling was working on the puzzle while Chongyun was nowhere to be found.

"Xiangling, where is Chongyun? Did he go to the bathroom?" I pointed out.

"Huh? No...? Did he? I never saw him leave the room?" She looked behind her, "Uhm... I think he left out the window..."

I looked at the window being slightly open. I looked out the window to see no one. I looked around to see if his phone was anywhere. I couldn't find it. I went to ask my siblings and they didn't seem to know either. That means he left... I collapsed on the floor and almost started sobbing. He left without telling anyone...

"Hey... Xingqiu... it's okay! I'll go to his house and see what's up." Xinyan sighed and she laid her hand on my shoulder.

"Please do... and can you bring his stuff to his house? I don't want him to keep his stuff here..." I cried lightly.

Xinyan looked upset. Xinyan gave Hu Tao and Xiangling a glance. Xinyan then packed up her stuff and left me room. I could hear her running down the stairs and talking to my mom. Hu Tao walked over to me and crouched down next to me. She held me tight as I leaned against her. Did I upset him somehow? Did Xiangling say anything?

"Xiangling. Did you say anything to him?" I glared at her.

She shifted her head quickly towards me, "What? No! All I said was about how I tried to... smoothly tell him that you liked him."

"He can't tell that already?" Hu Tao asked.

"You can tell?" I asked.

"Uhm yeah. Everyone can tell. It's so obvious." Hu Tao rolled her eyes.

I sighed and brushed my hair from my face. I slowly got up and collapsed on my bed. I held onto myself as I hiccupped and cried lightly. Hu Tao got onto the bed next to me. Xiangling moved the puzzle aside lightly while keeping it in place. Xiangling climbed up onto the bed on the other side of me. They hugged me while I whimpered. I closed my eyes and tears fell down my rosy, red cheeks.