Prologue

It's a big day for the royal family.

Wedding bells are ringing.

The royal cathedral is decorated with magnificent ornaments that have a refined taste.

Lester, the crown prince, is waiting for his bride at the altar.

Shayleigh is a daughter of the nobility, Lester's bride and a powerful sorceress.

She has been waiting for her entire life to finally settle with a man... A man of wealth to be specific.

Shayleigh walks at the wedding aisle, stoked about the idea of becoming a wife, a princess, and a future queen.

On the other hand, Lester felt like his whole purpose has been a lie.

He never wanted to go with the wedding in the first place. Or at least, he never wanted to marry the woman that his parents chose for him to tie the knot with.

He has always kept a secret. A secret that would forever change the history of his family, and his kingdom. 

Shayleigh has finally reached the altar.

With Lester by her side, she was beginning to visualize her future as part of his royal family.

Her groom on the other hand, was being aloof about the entire situation.

The pastor begins to talk.

After a few moments, he asks the prince.

"Prince Lester, do you take miss Shayleigh to be your lawfully wedded wife?"

Lester takes his time to contemplate before answering the pastor's question.

"No."

Everyone is shocked.

Lester's personal servants are at the front pews, puzzled and confused about their prince's answer.

"Lester, sweetie, what are you doing?" Shayleigh sarcastically asks him while trying to keep her smile on her face and the enthusiasm in her soul.

"I don't want to marry you." Lester tells Shayleigh.

Everyone gasps.

"Son, what are you doing?!" asks the King, Lester's father.

"I don't even love you. In fact, I never wanted to do this at all! I was forced into this!" Lester proclaims his truth in front everyone.

"Lester, what is happening with you?" asks his mother, the Queen.

"Mother, father, Shayleigh, everyone."

Lester looks at everyone.

"I don't want to go with this wedding...."

Everyone wonders what he is about to say.

"Because I'm gay."

Everyone will gasp even louder with the prince's shocking revelation.

"Son!" The king exclaims furiously.

Shayleigh is outraged about what was happening.

"So this was a setup? You were leading me on?"

"Shayleigh-"

"WHY DID YOU DO THIS TO ME LESTER?!"

The prince couldn't answer.

"I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO RULE THIS KINGDOM WITH YOU. I EVEN ASKED FOR YOUR CONSENT BEFORE WE DECIDED TO GO WITH THE WEDDING, AND SUDDENLY YOU'RE CHANGING YOUR MIND NOW?!? DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHO I AM?!"

Shayleigh couldn't control the chaotic nature of her magical abilities.

An earthquake begins to manifest at the cathedral.

"I'm a very patient woman, but the one thing that ticks me off is people LEAVING ME IN THE DARK!"

Shayleigh summons her most powerful incantation.

"AND THAT'S WHAT I WILL DO TO YOU! AND EVERYONE ELSE IN THIS KINGDOM! I WILL SEE TO IT THAT YOU WILL ONLY ENCOUNTER DARKNESS FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS!'

With that, she casts her spell to everyone in the kingdom, including herself. 

She turns Lester into a zombie-like corpse.

The castle servants were transformed into spirits with different supernatural abilities.

The rest of the people, including the king, the queen and Shayleigh herself, have disintegrated into ash.

The entire kingdom's existence has been erased from the memories of history and everyone in the world, leaving it to be abandoned and forgotten.

Just when all hope is lost, it turns out that Shayleigh gave Lester and his ghostly servants a magical calendar, and a note along with it. 

The note indicates that they are given 1800 days to lift the curse, and the only way to lift it is if the prince saves the life of someone that he loves and loves him back. 

If they don't lift it after 1800 days, the prince will die succumbing to his decayed body, and his servants will forever become roaming spirits.

But the question is, is someone willing to love a man that looks like a rotting corpse? 

The other question is, will someone even be worthy enough to be the prince's choice?

With bitterness and insecurity taking over his life, the cursed prince ended up being a cold-hearted and mean-spirited man.