Chapter 6

Marcel finishes packing his clothes.

Emmita begins hotwiring the mini-truck.

Marcel then puts his luggage at the back.

He then goes to the front seat of the truck, beside his mother.

With heavy hearts, they drive off to the Cursed Prince's castle.

While driving, they begin discussing about Marcel's recent encounter with Cain.

"He really proposed to you on the spot?" Asked Emmita

"Yeah he did." Said Marcel.

"I mean... We have known him for quite some time now, and he has always had a soft side for you."

"Yeah mom, but as I said: he is too conceited for my own good. That proposal was literally the nail in the coffin."

"But I do hope that you'll still give him a chance." Says Emmita.

"But mom, I just told you, I don't feel the same way for him. Why do you keep on insisting that I should be with him?" Asks Marcel.

Emmita stays silent for a moment.

"Oh nothing. As we both know, I'm not getting any younger, and I did say this before I left: I just want you to have a wonderful life."

"But mom, I don't think I need a guy to give me a wonderful life. I can take care of your business."

"But you deserve better than just some plain mini-market positioned in front of an old cottage."

"But mom-"

"You know, how about we just discuss this for another time? Maybe when you do get a chance to leave that place. Besides, we're almost there."

She was right. They were just a few blocks away from the castle.

As they draw closer, the castle was just like how Emmita left it yesterday: old, abandoned and dark.

They finally arrived.

Elliot, Ricardo and Charlotte are waiting for them.

"Welcome back Miss." Greets Charlotte.

Marcel gets out of the truck and grabs his luggage at the back.

"and it seems you've got company." Elliot comments.

"Where is your master?" asks Emmita.