Chapter 1

In the barangay of Rose Enchantée, there lived an effeminate gay boy named Marcel.

He lives with his mother, Emmita, a practical and business-minded woman. She owns a mini-market outside their house, wherein they sell fruits, vegetables and flowers that they grow in their garden.

When Marcel doesn't help his mother out with the business and in chores, he loves to read books during his pastime.

However, despite having confidence in his own identity and interests, he would always feel like he was the anomalous one in the neighborhood.

Apart from being a bookworm, he also loves to wear feminine clothes, the ones that his mother handed down to him.

Like the usual mornings, Marcel would go to the library near their home in order to borrow books.

His red hair shines underneath the morning sun.

Of course, as he walks towards his location, the people in his barangay continue to judge and ridicule him for the way that he is. 

But being someone who refuses to meddle with other people's businesses, Marcel decides to remain indifferent towards everyone else and maintain focus on himself more often.

On the other end, Cain is the barangay captain of Rose Enchantée. He provided Emmita her mini-market and is in love with Marcel.

It's his last 82 days as captain before the barangay elects a new leader, so Cain wants to utilize his remaining month to settle with the right person before his term ends.

As captain, he roams around the barangay to see if everything is doing fine. Cain is with his personal assistant and most trusted companion, Theodore.

"Would you look at that, Theodore." Says the captain to his assistant as they both stare at Marcel walking around the marketplace.

"You know, I've always wanted to know what Marcel would think of someone like me. Someone who has achieved so much in the long run." Added Cain.

"Why do you want him to think of you?" Asks Theodore.

"No reason. I just take pride in what I've worked hard for. I just want to know what a townsfolk like him would say."

"Maybe you should try talking to him directly?" Theodore suggests.

"You know? You're right. With all of my duties as captain of this place, I've been losing time for myself. I need to take a little break." Cain responds.

"Would you mind cancelling all of my meetings later? Tell them that I have an important business to attend to."

"O...kay?" Says Theodore.

As Theodore fixes his boss's schedule, Cain buys flowers in one of the booths of the marketplace.

"Marcel!"

Marcel notices that the barangay captain is calling him.

"Captain Cain."

"For you." Says the captain as he shows the bouquet of flowers to him.

"Umm... What's the occasion?" Asks Marcel while still feeling confused.

"You know... I have cleared my schedule for today. Maybe you want to have lunch?"

"Hmm... I can't."

"Why not?"

"I need to help out my mom? I can't waste the business that you provided for us you know." Says Marcel to Cain.

"Oh c'mon Marcel. That can wait. I'm sure your mother can handle it on her own." Assures Cain.

"And I'm sure that she can't." Marcel responds to him.

"Okay... How about dinner? I'm sure you have nothing else to do?"

"I don't really like going out at night."

"Really? You won't even go out for me?" Asks Cain.

"No..." Marcel answers as he stares at Cain's gestures.

"Look I need to go, excuse me."

Marcel tells him as he leaves to go back to his house.

Theodore approaches his boss.

"So, how did it go?"

"You know Theodore, sometime soon, he's gonna have to like me back. It's not like he's going to have a choice either way."

Cain smiles while continuously staring at Marcel.