Chapter 7

The three servants then take the mother and son to their master, The Cursed Prince.

He is in the throne room, which is now in ruins, sitting on the king's throne looking very grumpy.

Marcel and Emmita present themselves before the prince.

Marcel still couldn't process the fact that the legend of the Cursed Prince was actually real.

"Your highness." Emmita and Marcel bow.

"Who is this?" asks Lester.

"Oh with all due respect your highness, my name is Marcel. I am her son." answered Marcel.

"And why are you here?" Asks the prince.

"You see, I was hoping if we could change the bargain a little bit." says Marcel.

"and what do you mean by that?" asks the prince again.

"I am volunteering to take her place. I'll be the castle's chambermaid."

"Why are you taking her place? Wasn't she the one who destroyed my garden?"

"Actually, sir. I was the reason why your garden got destroyed." Marcel said while quivering in fear.

Lester couldn't understand what he was saying.

"I was the one who asked her to get me the red flower. If I didn't ask for it, your precious garden wouldn't have been destroyed."

Lester will suddenly try to process everything that he just said.

"Mr. Cursed Prince, I was hoping if you would be so kind enough to spare my mother. After all, she isn't getting any younger. Taking care of a big castle such as this one is a very rigorous duty, and I don't think she will be able to do it alone, considering her age now."

"Okay, done. You have a few minutes to have one last conversation before she leaves." says the prince.

"Okay." Marcel answers him.

"And remember this: this is a lifetime commitment, which means you will stay here forever."

Marcel's heart is racing.

"Yes."

"Then we're clear."

Lester will leave the throne room and go back to his bedroom.

Emmita faces her son.

"Marcel, don't be scared okay?"

"I'm not scared mom. After all, I learned from the best."

They will embrace one more time.

"I'll try to do something about this, and we will be together again soon."

"I'm counting on that."

The prince enters the room once again.

"Oh yes, I would also like to point out that the both of you won't be able to send each other letters. Starting today, anyone that works in this castle won't have any connection outside."

And with that, Emmita bids Marcel farewell and leaves the castle.

She drives her mini-truck back home.

On the other hand, Marcel is now left with the servants.

Charlotte uses her telekinesis to help him get settled in his room.

"This way, mister. Or... Miss?" asks Charlotte.

"Yeah... I'd prefer miss."