Chapter 13

81 days left before Christmas, the same day that the calendar expires.

If they don't break the spell after 81 days, their prince will do with his corpse rotting completely, and the rest of them will forever be roaming spirits lurking around the face of the earth.

Elliot gathered all the ghostly servants to talk about his plan regarding the book that he wrote, and Marcel.

"You really did that?" Charlotte asked Elliot.

"I had to, it was the only choice I could think of." He answered.

"Yet you clearly disobeyed his highness's wishes. Didn't he already mentioned in the past that he doesn't want anyone knowing about what happened to us?" Ricardo tells Elliot.

"So what are you trying to insinuate Ricardo? That we stay like this forever? As spirits that roam around with no purpose?"

Scarlett notices some tension rising between the two of them.

"Hey stop it!" She calls the both of them out.

Scarlett faces them, along with each and every servant gathered in the room.

"Look, I know it sounds crazy. Even I questioned Elliot's little scheme here." She mentions.

"But think about it? Marcel's here. I don't think it was a coincidence. I think it was destiny that brought him to us, to our prince." She adds.

"Exactly my dear." Elliot answers her.

"I'm beginning to believe that Marcel will be the one who will help us lift the curse. It's not a coincidence that Marcel was able to read my book. I think the stars are finally aligning!" He excitedly added to his statement.

"Okay, calm down. We're not yet there." Ricardo tells Elliot.

"Alright, Elliot. We will trust your plan. How can we help?" Charlotte asks.

"We just need to make sure that Marcel doesn't have any reason to hate this place, and the prince himself." Elliot answers.

"Yeah because we need them to fall in love!" Scarlett adds.

"But Prince Lester has to save his life too. Falling in love with each other is not enough." Ricardo clarifies.

"Then we make them fall in love. And maybe... Try to put Marcel in danger?" Elliot  suggests.

"What?!" All the servants asked him.

"Shhh! Quiet! The two are now sleeping!" Elliot hushes everyone.

"What I mean to say is that we try to set up a situation wherein the prince will be forced to save his life. But first, we need to make them fall in love."

Ricardo will scratch his head.

"This is ridiculous. You know, if the prince just decided to keep his secret and married Shayleigh, then she wouldn't have gone crazy with her powers, and we would still have bodies today!"

"But Ricardo, you can't blame his highness if he wants to be true to himself." Scarlett tells him.

"Yes. And who knows, Marcel might actually be the right person for him. We just have to trust Elliot's plan on this." Charlott adds.

"Well... Alright. But we have to be careful." Ricardo reminds them.

"Of course!" Elliot cries.

"But I have a question, did you even mention in the book on how to break the spell?" Ricardo asks.

"Well no-"

"Then it's useless!" Ricardo comments.

"Hey, Ricardo. Trust me on this. I excluded that information because I didn't want anyone who would read the book to feel the pressure of falling in love with a zombie, a zombie with an unlikeable attitude if I should add." Elliot tells him.

"So how are we gonna do this then?!" Ricardo exclaims.

"We're just gonna have to trust my plan. But, we need to let Marcel be the one to discover it on his own. That's why no one should tell him and the prince, okay?"

All the servants will agree.

"Okay, so it's settled. We have 81 days left. We can do this!"

"Yeah!" They all shouted.

Elliot will hush the rest of the servants for one more time.