Chapter 31

As Marcel and Lester exit from the other side of the castle, they walk towards the other end of the forest.

Berwin is cozied in Marcel's basket.

The two individuals begin engaging in a conversation.

"I don't get it. I mean I know that you want to protect me, but I'm pretty sure there's another reason why you wanted to pick berries with me." said Marcel.

"Well... My mother and I used to do the same thing as well every Thanksgiving. The berries that we pick from the forest, we use them to create a lot of delicacies for the castle's feast." The prince replied.

"That's so sweet." Marcel commented.

Lester attempts to smile.

"My mother and I just take what's in our garden, it's not common for us to go to the forest to pick a bunch of exotic wild berries for Thanksgiving dinner."

Lester smiles then suddenly turns into a frown, with an implication of guilt presented around his face.

An awkward silence enters between the both of them.

Marcel breaks the awkwardness as he begins to speak.

"Hey, how about we also pick some flowers too? After all, the castle might need some wild flowers as decorations." He suggested to the prince.

"Sure." Lester answers.

As they walk further into the forest, Lester spots a bunch of flowers.

"Hey, how about we take those back at the castle?"

"Umm... Prince Lester? Those are wolfsbane flowers."

"Yes? And what about them?"

"They're poisonous."

Lester's eyes widened.

"Woah. Okay. You're actually knowledgeable about plants."

"Well my mother and I do own a gardening business."

And with that, they proceed further into the forest to finally look for  non-poisonous flowers and berries.