Chapter 21

"Is he still angry at me?" Marcel asks.

"Don't be too hard on yourself. It's not your fault. It was mine." Jared assures him.

Marcel thinks for a moment.

"It's almost Thanksgiving. How about we make it up to him?"

Suddenly, Lester enters the room.

Apparently, he has heard the conversation between Marcel and the other servants.

"Don't bother."

"Huh?" Marcel wonders.

"You guys can't even do anything right! You still expect me to believe that you can make it up to me? Don't bother anymore!"

And with that, he walks out of the room and slams the door of his bedroom.

Marcel gets a little annoyed.

"You know... If' he's not going to celebrate with us, then we're gonna celebrate without him!"

"But, wouldn't that be against his wishes?" Elliot asked.

"Hey, he only said that we shouldn't bother making it up to him, he didn't say that we're not allowed to celebrate Thanksgiving." Marcel points out.

"Well... That is true." Scarlett adds.

"But what do you plan to do?" Ricardo asks.

"I'm going out to get some berries in the forest. For thanskgiving!"

"All alone?" Charlotte asked.

"I can handle it. Besides, I think you guys need to keep working in the castle. I'll handle this myself." Marcel assures them.

"Okay. Just be careful. It's not safe out there." Charlotte warns.

"I will." Marcel answers.

And with that, he grabs a basket and a scarf, and leaves the castle.