Chapter 25.5!

It was a starry night in Seoul. The city was still booming as night activities were still beginning to ramp up. Night activities meant fun and loud parties where people could just enjoy themselves with their friends but besides from the booming nightlife, there were some who were still working overtime.

This leads us to Secretary (YN) who was busy typing away at his desk. Ms.Kang had authorized him working overtime as he, according to his words, still needed to compile a bunch of papers and respond to companies wanting to do business with theirs.

Though he wasn't alone at the office. On the other side of the workplace was a bobbed haired girl was still present typing away and also working overtime.
Though both were them were present, neither knew that the other party was still there.

(YN) was busy flipping through papers when he suddenly heard a light voice humming from the other side of the office. He was startled by the sudden noise and decided to check where it was coming from.

He stood up from his desk and walked towards the cubicles near his table. He peered next to a wall and saw the bobbed hair girl humming softly as she typed. She wore earphones on and was too focused on her screen to see him peeking at her.

"I didn't know that you were still here, Chaewon-ssi.." He said catching her attention.

Chaewon removed one of the earbuds off her and looked at him. "Oh you're here too, Secretary (YN)", She replied.

"Working overtime?" He asked as he walked closer to her cubicle and leaned on a wall.

The girl nodded her head. "I've been holding off some work for a bit since I just bought a new place for myself and decided to work overtime to catch up on it. I'm assuming that's what you're doing too?" She asked back.

(YN) nodded with a small smile. "You moved? So that's why you were leaving a bit earlier than all of us a couple of days ago. How's the new place?"

"It was fine and I successfully moved in. The place is a bit too spacious for me and my things but that's fine. The furniture was a pain though as before I moved a table broke as well as a chair...and.." Chaewon didn't notice it but she began rumbling on and on.

She wasn't too much of a talker but she was fine with some small talk but with talking with (YN) seemingly brought out a much more talkative side of her which she never brought out onto others.
She quickly picked up on this and placed a hand on her mouth suddenly.

"Oh sorry, was I rambling for too long?" She asked.

"Hm? Oh it's not a big deal for me. I actually like hearing you talk~" Maybe because of the word choice or because of the smile that grew wider on (YN) but Chaewon felt her face slowly get warm.

"Also I think it's about time to drop the formalities don't you think? It's just us two and we're friends aren't we, Chaewon?"

She nodded at him when she suddenly felt her stomach rumble.

"Say secr- I mean..(YN)..have you eaten dinner by any chance?" She asked softly but enough for him to hear.

The secretary shook his head. "I was thinking of eating once I'm done with everything. How about you?" She also shook her head.

"I also had the same idea.."

"Hmm..how about we both eat somewhere nice outside when we're done? I know a great spot downtown.." (YN) asked her.

Chaewon was startled by the sudden request and softly leaned back on her chair.

"T-together?..I don't mind at all.." She replied.