Chapter 2 || Dorayaki

"It had been two years since the incident..." Y/n spoke as she sat on the dry and clean cement, she clasped her hands together as she payed her respects at the grave.

Mikey followed as well, placing the flowers infront of the grave and sighed.

"Yeah..." He mumbled.

It had been two years since the incident happened, it had been two years since Shinichiro died.

Mikey could tell it had some impact on Y/n as she was a bit quieter than usual. She's still okay though, it just brings her down to think that the person she looked up to the most was dead. She felt a big gloomy.

Anyone would've gone through the same thing.

"Let's go~" Mikey stood up, lending a hand to Y/n to help her stand up. The female accepted it with no worries, the two finally left the grave.

It started to rain, thankfully Mikey prepared an umbrella for the both of them. The walk was quiet and long, Y/n had wore a navy blue hoodie and gray sweatpants. She placed her hands inside the pockets of her hoodie as Mikey held their umbrella in the middle.

Mikey wore a gray hoodie and black pants, unlike Y/n who had only wore crocs, he paired it up with some converse.

"Where's Ken and the others?" The female asked.

"They said they're busy with something, they didn't tell me what it was." Mikey replied, silence took over again.

Mikey honestly hated this silence, he felt like this silence and having nothing to talk about is slowly drifting their selves away from each other. Mikey admits that he doesn't want Y/n to separate from him or even move away, he feels like he can't really live a normal life without her.

He knows it's normal since they basically grew up together and Y/n was the only one who prevents him from doing dumb shits.

Though sometimes it's rather annoying, but he never hates her for it.

"Y/n." Mikey called. The female turned go him with raised brows and eyes laced in curiosity, asking him in what does he want in silence.

"Hmm?"

"What if... What if one day will come where we'll be separated from each other?" He asks. Y/n blinked, she never thought Mikey would ask a question such as this, she had always thought of him as a person who didn't thought of the future that much.

"What do you mean?" She let out a short and quiet laugh.

"I know, I know. This is all unlike me go ask of you." Mikey sighed, internally rolling his eyes. "It's just that, I've been having these thoughts lately. I just can't help but ask, you know?" He looked over to his best friend.

"W-Well, yeah, I do have those kinds of times as well. I just didn't expect for you to have it as well." Y/n told, shrugging off and let out a sigh.

"And to answer your question." Mikey held in his breath as he waited for the answer. "I don't think that day will ever come..." He blinked, a bit taken aback.

"What?"

"What?" Y/n laughed, "You really asked me that? Are you really Manjiro? We basically grew up together and I think you already know we can't basically live off normal without each other." She told.

"Draken and the others are also no exception. Emma, Keisuke, Draken, Pah..." She looked down with a soft smile. "So don't go around thinking those kinds of thoughts! You dummy!" She smacked the back of his head.

Mikey couldn't help but smile widely, a bit glad to hear Y/n's answer.

"Anyways, I'm hungry for ramen." Y/n told.