Chapter 12 || Nightmare

H I N A T A _ T A C H I B A N A
F U N E R A L _ S E R V I C E _ H O M E

-

"Why'd this happen?! I thought we succeeded!" Naoto cried out. Anger, irritation, sorrow... All kinds of emotions were flowing throughout his body as he shouted, barely handling the fact that his sister died once more even after they saved Draken from dying.

"Naoto..." Takemichi couldn't say anything, he couldn't think of anything to say as he was also devastated.

...

"Takemitchy, I don't regret what I did. I deserve to be here. It's my fault Toman ended up like this. Because I couldn't stop him." Draken's face turned from calm to anger.

"'Him'?"

"Toman... It was so much better when we were kids. All we did was run around, trying to make the Gang bigger. We brawled like crazy. It was like a party every single day." Draken smiled, reminisced. "Toman was... everything to me. If I could redo my life, I'd choose to live the same way. I've got no regrets."

Takemichi understood Draken, the fact that he had been silently watching them bond together was convinced him that Draken was right.

"But.... If I could really do over my life. There's one thing I'd absolutely have to do...I'd kill Kisaki!"

"Draken-kun...? What do you mean?" The black haired male questioned, confused.

Tetta Kisaki?

"Because of him, everything changed, even the unbreakable bond between Mikey and Y/n, it broke into pieces." Draken looked up to Takemichi, hatred het sorrow filled his eyes.

"Wh-What? How did that happened?" Takemichi's eyes widened, finding it hard to believe as he knew those two were inseparable.

"Kisaki made Mikey believe that Y/n is the enemy... Mikey... Killed Y/n..."

"Mikey, it's now or never." Kisaki spoke as he handed a gun to Mikey.

"Mikey! What the fuck are you doing?!" Draken yelled, clenching his fists as he couldn't believe what was unraveling before his eyes.

The look on Mikey's eyes was completely different now than what it looked like back when they were younger. Back then, whenever he would look at Y/n, it would somehow look like it's full of life but now... It seemed empty and dull...

"I've never seen Mikey look so different, it's like Kisaki killed the old Mikey."

"Mi...key..." Draken's attention turned to the female who was now tied up in a chair. Bruises painted almost every corner of her body as she was tortured for allegedly accused of suspicion of becoming a traitor.

Draken's breath sucked as he saw Mikey hold up the gun right towards her forehead.

"Mikey! Stop!"

Draken couldn't do anything, he was also tied up from afar.

Y/n's eyes were half closed, her breathings were slow. Blood was oozing out of her forehead. She couldn't use her strength to try and get out of this situation. Though she wasn't clueless, she knows what's happening.

Draken clenched his jaw, never in his life have he ever felt this useless, he couldn't do anything.

"Mikey." She whispered under her breath. "Mi...key..." She spoke again.

"The way Y/n looked is still so vivid in my memories. I'm such a pathetic bastard for not being able to do anything..."

"Mikey! Stop this right now! You're not thinking straight!" Draken couldn't let all this happen. No, he can't let Mikey kill Y/n. "Do you even know who's the person you're about to kill?! Y/n! Goddamn Y/n! Mikey!"

"Mikey didn't even try to listen to my words, no matter how much I begged for him to stop what he is doing, to stop listening to Kisaki." Draken couldn't help but look down on the floor. "He wasn't the Mikey we all knew when we were kids."

"And to think you were on my side." Mikey looked down.

"Mikey... I..." A teardrop fell from her left eye.

"Do you even know what was her last words?" Draken asked, looking up to Takemichi, meeting his eyes as he did so.

"Y... You... pro...mised..."

Unfortunately, it was the last moment she could have ever known as he had now pulled the trigger.

"Y/n!"

Takemichi froze.

Is it from that time?

He questioned himself.

"I'll never let that happen. I promise. I'll protect everyone, you can count on me with that."

"That day...?" The male muttered to himself.

"Takemitchy... I still can't forgive myself..." Draken told truthfully. "The fact that I just stayed in my place... I couldn't even struggle my way out of the ropes... I'm such a pathetic useless bastard...!"

"Draken-kun..."

"Kisaki... wants to take away everything Mikey holds dear."

-

"This all.. feels like some kind of nightmare...!" Takemichi stops in his tracks, his vision started to blur as liquid started to roll down on his cheeks.

He couldn't believe that Mikey could actually kill Y/n, for all he knew, Mikey acted like he would die for the girl.

Kisaki.

The mastermind of all this chaos.

Takemichi knew he needed to stop him before it's all too late. He needs to stop every tragedy from happening real quick.

That's why he's planning on becoming the Head of Toman.

- as you all can see, my narrations are shitty as fuck even when I try my best not to fuck them up :p forgive me