Chapter 7 - Their Story

Don't forget to comment and vote!

"Hey!" A green haired boy named Alan called from outside of the cave, alerting bats that flew out of the cave. "Let's take shelter here." He tells the giant in purple armour. The giant screams and he starts to run away. " Wait a sec!" Alan calls after the giant. Alan searches for the giant, seeing him in a clearing with birds on top of him. " There you are." Alan says. The giant looks up at him, making the birds fly away from the sudden movement. The giant looks up at where the birds were now sitting, on a branch connected to a tree. "Please wait here for a moment." Alan tells the giant. Alan comes back with food for the birds and puts it into the giant's hand. Birds come flocking over to the giant's hand, nibbling at the food. "Birds approach vegetation to gather food or to find a resting spot." Alan tells the giant. "So if you want to attract birds, you just need to apply the laws of nature." Alan tells the giant, while smiling a bit. A bird lands on Alan's head, making him look at the bird. "I am not a perch for you to roost on." Alan tells the bird. The bird starts to peck at his head. "Nor am I food." The giant laughs a bit, catching Alan's attention. "If that was laughter, then why don't I laugh along with you?" Alan asks as he starts to laugh. A bunny appears from out of a bush, startling the giant. Making him rise up and raise his fist, smashing the bunny. Alan looks a bit sad as the giant says something, "Afraid..." "That was just a hare. It wouldn't do any harm to you." Alan explains. "Gowther.....Afraid." The giant says again, panting. "I'll return it to the forest." Alan says, putting his hand on the giant's, hoping to calm him down. Alan was in the forest, walking around when he found something that would work perfectly for something else.

*Plop*

A raindrop splashed onto Alan's head, making him look up. He saw that it started to rain and went back to the cave, where the giant was. A fire was started and they sat in silence as Alan was carving something out of the piece of wood he found in the forest. He stopped as he analyzed his piece of work and walked toward the giant with it. He placed it in a hole that was in the giant's armour. "Perfect fit." Alan said, proud of himself. But the piece of wood falls out and makes a noise as it hits the ground. "I had a feeling we were going to need glue or something sticky." Alan says as he picks up the piece of wood. "I'll look for some when the rain clears up." He tells the giant. "Rain is just one process of the water cycle. When it evaporates from the surface, it forms clouds around the dust in the air and the rain that falls seeps into the ground, forming rivers, then flowing into the sea. Only to ascend into the sky again. Everything in the whole world is part of a cycle. Plants, insects, as well as animals. They eat others to survive and return to the earth when they die. Over and over, the process is repeated. But the ones that stray from that path, where would they go, I wonder?" Alan asks himself. "Book..." The giant says, making Alan remember that he promised to read them a book. "Right, so which book shall we read? Dark Pulse? Memory of the Darkness? Her Justice?" The giant groaned, not liking any of the book choices. "I see. You seem to really enjoy this book." Alan says, taking the book out. "Hey! This situation..." Alan starts, making the giant look up. "I read a book and you listen. It makes you happy and I learn something. We're part of our own cycle too. I've never seen this written anywhere before! A new discovery!" He says, happy. "It really is a cycle. And quite an alluring hypothesis. At least, to me anyway. So, thank you. I learned something new. It's very enlightening to be with you." Alan tells the giant. "Thank....you." The giant says. "Yeah, that's right. Thank you." Alan replies, looking out of the cave entrance. "It's unfortunate that my journey with you will be coming to an end soon."

At the Kingdom of Liones

"Sir Helbram!" A knight calls. "Yes, what is it? Can't you see we're on our break?" Helbram says, annoyed while sitting in a bean bag chair with a book on his face. Jericho on the left of him, sitting down on the floor wearing a dress. Guila on the right of him, wearing a romper with a white jacket and her white boots. "Forgive me, but I have just received word that the armour giant has been spotted in the wood of Ordan, east of Vaizel." The knight tells them what he was sent there for. "The armour giant?" Jericho asks. "Surely not one of the remaining Seven Deadly Sins...." "The goat sin, Gowther?" Guila asks. "Then summon the Roars of Dawn." Helbram says, sitting up and taking the book off his face. "Them? But-" The knight starts. "Don't let him get away. Make sure you finish him off." Helbram tells the knight. "Yes, sir!" The knight says before exiting the room.