Chapter 13 - A Broken Curse

"It's been a long time, captain of the Seven Deadly Sins." Hendrickson says, as both he and Meliodas are face to face with each other. "Are you alone?"

"Yeah, I lost the others somewhere along the way." Meliodas tells him, not letting his guard down.

"You think that you can fight me without them?" Hendrickson asks, doubting that he might. "Still confident as ever, aren't you?"

'Captain of the Seven Deadly Sins? Then that means he's......" Arthur thinks.

"Give Y/N and Elizabeth back to me." Meliodas tells him. Hendrickson looked a bit confused on who the other person he was talking about was until he remembered what the mage said to him about there being another 'predicament.' Hendrickson smirks a bit, seeing that Meliodas cares a lot about this Y/N. Meliodas starts to get angered a bit before asking again, "Where are they?!"

"I'm afraid I can't tell you." He says not giving him any information.

Meliodas jumps up, ready to knee him as Hendrickson catches his knee. Meliodas raises his blade and strikes for Hendrickson's head as Hendrickson narrowly dodges it. Meliodas starts to cut at Hendrickson at a very fast speed, but he manages to dodge it. Hendrickson finds an opening and hits Meliodas back as he skids across the ground, holding his blade up as he blocks Hendrickson's attack.

Sounds of wooden swords hitting each fill the garden as they soon stop. One sword hits the ground as a little boy with pink hair falls to the ground on his hands and knees, panting. "Hey, what's wrong, Lil Gil? You tired already?" Meliodas asks Gil as he looks at his tired state. "I'm never gonna make it." Gil says, losing hope. Meliodas looks at him confused. "I'm never gonna become as strong as Father and you, Meliodas." "Come on. You gotta do something about that negative attitude." Meliodas tells him.

"Your eyes can see through evil. Your mouth mutters the truth." A girl's soft voice can be heard as Gil turns his head to see who is talking. "Your heart is filled with justice, and your sword shall crush evil. To stand by what you believe is right until the very end." A girl with lavender hair, soft brown eyes, and wearing blue and gold clothing walks toward Gil. "Isn't that the most important thing when you are a knight?" "Margaret!" Gil says as he stands up and greets her. "Meliodas and your Father have nothing to do with your life. After all, you're you. Someday you are going to be the kindest and most powerful knight of all, Gil. That's what I believe." Margaret told him. "Right." Gil says, agreeing with her.

"Geez, get a room, you two." Meliodas said, as the two kids had bright pink on their cheeks.

Gilthunder is seen carrying Dreyfus in an alleyway. "Right here will do." Dreyfus says as Gilthunder places him down against the wall. "Grand Master Dreyfus, please tell me what happened when you were fighting Gowther." "He forced me to see a vision of what seemed to be my past self. As a sin I'll never escape for as long as I live." Dreyfus says, still looking at the tower. "A sin?" Gilthunder asks, confused. "You should head back to the fight. I'll be alright here." Dreyfus tells Gilthunder. "I'd like to be alone for a while." "Yes, sir." Gilthunder says, getting up and walking back the way they came.

As Gilthunder was walking, a familiar voice could be heard floating above him. "He looked so pathetic back there, that Grand Master Dreyfus." The mage says. "Giving up after a mere physiological attack...Lord Hendrickson is different in that regard. He would make a worthy king in the world to come." "The world to come?" Gilthunder questions. "I mean the utopia Lord Hendrickson is striving for. Being a king or a slave won't matter, only the powerful will remain." She explains as she gets closer to Gilthunder and puts her hand on his arm. "And be able to obtain whatever their heart desires."

"Can one really survive a battle against the demon race?" Gilthunder asks, taking her hand off his arm. "What's wrong? You're usually overfilled with confidence. This isn't like you." She says. "All I said was the truth." Is all he merely says. "If the fear of death worries you, I'll be happy to fight the demon race." Gilthunder smiles at this comment before saying, "I'll be counting on you then." "Oh, Gil. You're such a flirt." She says, blushing under her mask.