Chapter 21 - A Bad Omen

"For real? The king's gonna give us medals?" Hawk asked Elizabeth once she told them the news.

"Yes! The Seven Deadly Sins did save the kingdom!" Elizabeth said.

"Yeah, but I don't understand why I'm getting a medal as well." You told them as you walked down the steps. "By the way, thanks for the dress, Liz." You were wearing a short light blue off the shoulder, low cut dress that cut off just above your thighs with dark blue butterflies plastered on it. "It isn't too tight or too loose...it's perfect. How did you know my size?"

"Just a lucky guess." Elizabeth blushed. "I'm glad you like it, Y/N. But, why would you think you shouldn't be given a medal?"

"Isn't it obvious? I didn't really help save Liones, in fact, I was more of a liability. I got myself into a dangerous situation without any plans. I almost died." You explained.

"You weren't a liability." Elizabeth states. "And my father appreciates you being there to protect me even though you've only known me for a while."

"Yeah, but won't the people of Liones be upset that a nobody is getting a medal?"

Elizabeth's eyes darkened as she grabbed your shoulders and firmly stated, "You're not a nobody, Y/N. Never think that."

You got a little scared and just nodded at her statement.

"Thanks for waiting, guys." Meliodas said, jumping down from the stairs, showing off his new outfit. "Ta-da! Alright, what do you think? This would make an awesome new uniform for the Boar Hat, too!"

"It looks wonderful, Meliodas!" You complimented.

"So, where did you get those sweet threads?" Hawk asked.

"It was a gift from Elizabeth." Meliodas smiled.

"Well, I just wanted you to look nice for the ceremony." Said Elizabeth.

"I, too, am all set to go." Gowther said, entering the tavern.

All three of you turned toward Gowther, seeing his new outfit. As a top, he wore a white crop top sweater tied with a magenta ribbon and a gray jacket. At the lower half of his body, he wore black pants with white shoes and a blue belt.

"Who picked that out for you?" Meliodas asked.

"What's that? Oh, that would be my sweet one, of course! My beloved."

"Beloved?" You asked, confused.

"Guess all that reading he's been doing must've blurred the line between dreams and reality." Meliodas spoke, not believing Gowther.

"Hey, hey. Looks like everyone's having fun." King observed, floating down the stairs.

"Good morning, King." You greeted.

"You're dressed like always, huh, King?" Hawk noticed before seeing something odd on King's hood. "Hmm? What's going on with your hood, dude? Is that a helmet?"

"Oh, this? It's a special gift from my best friend." King told him. "Have you seen Diane?"

"You guys, come take a look." She yelled, excitedly. "Outside!"

You all made your way outside, curious as to what made Diane so excited. You all gasped in amazement, seeing that Diane had a new outfit. It wasn't much of a change from her other outfit, except the outfit now had an inverted triangle cut on the chest and frilly skirt that showed her wearing black shorts.

"You got a new outfit too, Diane!" You said, quite entranced by her outfit.

"You like it? This is just a little something Merlin put together for me!" Said person appeared out of thin air next to you. "I really had a hard time picking between the two you gave me, but I ended up choosing this one!" Diane told her.