Chapter 26 - Lost Memories

"Hendrickson!"

"But Meliodas was supposed to have defeated you!" Griamore yelled, making Hendrickson's eyes narrow. "You're the man who murdered my father! I will avenge him!" Griamore started to walk toward Hendrickson, determined to kill the man who killed his father.

"Now's not the time." Gilthunder told him. "Fall back!"

The Gray Demon sent a powerful blast toward the four men as Gilthunder and Howzer ducked out of the way; Hendrickson grabbed Griamore and hurtled himself and Griamore away from the blast. There was rubble and debris as dust started to huddle around before subsiding.

Hendrickson and Griamore both got up as they crouched in front of each other. "Right now, I suggest you focus on the threat in front of you!" Hendrickson told him.

"Shut up!" Griamore yelled at him, not wanting to listen to this awful man's words.

Hendrickson sighed before speaking. "Your father is still alive."

Griamore's eyes widened as the words registered in his head. He didn't believe it, his father was still alive? "What are you saying? My father's alive? That can't be!"

Hendrickson stood up, looking toward the Gray Demon. "Listen, I want the three of you to help me get as close to that demon as possible. Understand?" Hendrickson told them, ignoring Griamore's words.

"Not a chance! Why should we help you?" Griamore yelled at him.

"So what do we do?" Howzer asked Gilthunder.

Gilthunder didn't answer as he looked back toward the Demon, seeing it summoning small black balls as they surrounded the monster. "What are those black balls he's summoning?" Howzer asked.

"Be careful!" Gilthunder warned him. "If it touches you, you'll be killed instantly!"

"You've got some nerve! Rising Tornado!" A big tornado aimed for the Gray Demon as the small black balls dissipated from the massive wind.

"Lightning King Iron Hammer!" A huge lightning bolt rained down on the terrifying Demon, shocking it. The monster raised its arms slowly before bringing them down; eradicating the nearby houses.

"You saved us, Griamore!" Howzer said, seeing that Griamore protected them with his Perfect Shield.

Howzer looked behind him, seeing Hendrickson holding his bleeding arm. "Hey, why didn't you use that to protect Hendrickson too?" Howzer questioned, but Griamore stayed silent.

"Don't worry about me." Hendrickson told them. Howzer nodded as he diverted his attention back to the Gray Demon.

"Seriously, this guy is a lot tougher than that Red Demon."

'This great demon must be the same type as the one Hendrickson fused with.' Gilthunder thought to himself as he remembered Hendrickson's appearance during the big fight.

"The thought that even a drop of your putrid blood flowed inside my body fills me with rage and makes me disgusted with myself!" The three men watched as Hendrickson jumped up to equal height with the monster as he slashed its arm, magenta blood flowing out of its arm. The monster only recognized it as a mere cut as he swung his hand down at Hendrickson, who only dodged it. He continued to dodge the monster's swift attacks until he stumbled, causing him to get flown back and hit the ground harshly. The monster was ready to deliver the final attack as it was about to squish Hendrickson, but a sword pierced the Demon's hand.

"Don't try to do everything yourself, old man!" Howzer said as he tried to hold back the Demon's large hand. "All right, Whirl Shock!" A small whirlwind erupted within the Demon's hand, decimating it as the Demon groaned in pain.