Chapter 19 - Their Fighting Festival

It was early morning as Ban walked along a path, standing in front of a mountain as he remembered what he and Meliodas talked about during the battle with Hendrickson.

"Alright then." Meliodas spoke. "But for now, as the Seven Deadly Sins' Fox Sin, you need to do your duty! Captain's orders! Let's wait until this is all over, then we can settle things."

"When that time comes..." Ban started.

"Yeah. No matter what, you're still my friend, Ban." Meliodas answered him.

"Yeah. Roger that."

He jumped up, landing on the top of the mountain as he walked forward.

"Sorry to keep you--"

"Hey, Ban!" Hawk yelled, getting his attention.
"Eh? Huh?!" He then noticed the crowd that consisted of the knights of Liones, the Sins, you, Elizabeth, and the citizens.

"You're the only one who's late to the party!"

"Been waiting for you, slowpoke." King scolded.

"I just love a good festival." Diane spoke.

Everyone conversed, saying how they were so excited for the fight. Ban started to get irritated and yelled at Meliodas. "Damn it, Captain! Just what in the hell is going on here?! What the hell is with these freakin' spectators?!"

"Don't ask me. I don't know. By the time I got out here, they were already gathering and hyped up."

"How could they--" He then realized who told everyone. "Hey! Master! Is this your doing?! You were listening in on my conversation with the Captain, weren't you?!"

"Sure. It's a fight, after all. What could be better than having an audience cheering you on?" Hawk innocently replied.

"How dare you try and turn my fight into some kind of damn festival." Ban said, outraged.

"Sir Ban, please don't be hard on Hawk. When he heard you two discussing it, he asked all of us to come and watch. Because to Hawk and the rest of us, you and Meliodas are so dear, we couldn't bear it if anything to you." Elizabeth explained.

"Elizabeth, at this point, there's no need to spell it out for him, you know?" Hawk told her.

"Fox Sin of Greed Ban, have you forgotten?" Merlin started. "As it clearly states in The Seven Deadly Sins' Seven Codes, Article Six, 'Any fight to the death between fellow Sins must be stopped by other Sins working in concert.' In other words, if you and the captain here are planning to fight to the death for real, then the four of us will have to use all our might to stop you."

"Oh, really? Hey, Merlin, I dare you to say that again." Ban dared, cracking his knuckles.

"We'll stop you." She repeated.

"Sounds like fun. But right now, my only business is with the captain, so you gawkers can shut up and back off. You could have saved all the fuss. I'm not planning on fighting to death."

You heard Elizabeth sigh, glad that they weren't trying to kill each other.

"Seven Deadly Sins' Seven Codes, Article Five." Ban told them.

" 'Any bad blood existing between fellow Sins must be settled through a fight.' " Merlin recited. "Very well, then. Now we won't do anything uncivilized."

"Wow, who knew we had a code like that?" Meliodas asked.

"You were the one who thought it up, Captain!" King yelled.

"In that case, if you're going to fight, then do it no-holds-barred. Perfect Cube!" A purple see-through cube surrounded the two men, lifting into the air so that everyone could see.