Chapter 20 - A Date?

You and Elizabeth were currently cleaning the tavern, mopping the floor and cleaning tables. Elizabeth stopped, speaking her thoughts. "Is it just me, or have there been fewer customers lately?"

"Yeah, scraps are becoming so hard to come by these days, I'll be one skinny piggy pretty soon." Hawk agreed.

"Huh. Why would they stop coming?" Meliodas sighed.

"I bet it's because you're such a terrible cook!" Hawk yelled at him.

"Hawk..." You sighed.

"Okay. It's time for a change..." Meliodas started, grabbing you and Elizabeth's attention. "...and I know exactly what to do. I'll be out for a while, so you two are free to do whatever you want."

"Wait, actually?!" You turned toward Elizabeth. "Liz, can you show me around Liones then? I've been wanting to look around but I was scared I might get lost."

"Oh, of course. I'd love to." She agreed. You smiled as stars filled your eyes.

"Then, let's go!" You grabbed her hand, heading out the door.

"Wait, Y/N! Don't you want to change?" Elizabeth blushed, noticing your outfit.

You looked down, seeing that all you were wearing was the tavern uniform skirt, the flats, and a bra. You would've taken off the skirt and gone out in just shoes, underwear and a bra, but everyone decided against it, for some reason.

"Nope, I'm good! Now, come on. Let's not waste anymore time." You ran out of the tavern, hand in hand with Elizabeth.

"Where should we head first?" You excitedly asked.

"Well, there's a bakery down this road that many people shop at."

"Food and sweets! My two favorite things!" Elizabeth blushed and led the way, trying to distract her mind. 'I can't believe I'm with Y/N; by myself!!!' She glanced at you, blush increasing. 'Wait, would this be considered a date?! No, no, she just wants a better look around. I'm just thinking too hard about this.'

"Is this the shop?" You asked, dragging Elizabeth out of her thoughts.

She looked up, confirming that it was.

Entering the shop, you saw many sweets and food that the tavern didn't serve. You looked around, eyes glittering with joy. "Everything looks so good. And it smells heavenly in here."

"I'm glad you think so." A woman spoke. "Ah, princess, what can I get for you today?"

"Um, Y/N, what would you like?" You looked around, seeing many sweets you wanted to try.

"Um...." You thought long and hard before deciding. "Can I have the frosted heart shaped bread, the sugary and sour drops, the small chocolate cakes, and.....the cake pops?"

"Of course! How much?"

"Two of each, please." You responded. "I want to share them with Elizabeth." You smiled in her direction, making her blush and mutter a small 'thank you'. The woman started to collect what you asked for and placed them all inside of a box.

"That'll be 39 silver coins." She told you. Elizabeth paid as you took the box.

"Thank you so much, Miss..."

"Eva, just call me Eva." The shopkeeper said.

"Thank you, Eva." You and Elizabeth exited the shop and continued to walk down the road. As you two walked, you opened the box and took out the two cake pops, handing one to Elizabeth.
"Thank you." She took the cake pop and placed it in her mouth, enjoying the flavour.