Chapter 25 - Commandment of Truth

You looked at the pig as he said how powerful the man in red armour was. 'He's that powerful?!' You looked back at the man before your legs started to shake. You recognized him; from when you had met that boy who would refuse to talk to you. There were more of them, you had seen them, but...you had never felt this kind of power, I guess you just hadn't stayed long enough to feel it.

"Galand..." You whispered, his name rolling off your tongue. For some reason, it didn't feel like this was the first time you had said his name, in fact, it felt familiar. 'I wonder if this has to do with the voice in my head.' You wondered. The shaking in your legs suddenly stopped, surprising you.

"Don't show fear in front of him. Be strong even if you're scared. I'll be here to help you."  The voice reassured you as you took deep breaths, taking its advice. "Thank you." You whispered.

"A Demon this strong...! We need to evacuate the townspeople immediately!" A knight said.

Merlin examined the Commandment before speaking. "His Power Level may be more than we imagined, but something about this feels odd." She turned her attention toward the pig. "Hey, Hawk, what's his magical power?"

"Uh..I don't know. Let's see." He examined the tall man, shocked as he saw his magical power. "Looks like...zero? What's going on here? Is this Magical Eye thing busted or something?"

Merlin's eyes narrowed as she was encased in her thoughts. 'I see. It must be the lingering effects of the Goddess race's seal.'

"All right. That means now's our only chance to attack." Diane says, determined.

Elsewhere

With the Albion now defeated and disintegrating slowly, the fairies watched as the Great Tree healed itself, the top half now returning as its roots regrouped with the bottom half.

"The Great Tree of the Fairy King's Forest has been restored!" Ende exclaimed as she watched the Tree regenerate. "Even after it was destroyed by that horrible monster."

Inside the Great Tree, Gerheade was holding King's head in her lap as Ban and Jericho stood over him. Blood dripped into King's mouth as he swallowed the substance, the injuries on his face and body healing almost instantly. He opened his eyes, seeing that Ban had saved him.

"The Fairy King's woken up!" A fairy yelled, calling his friends.

"Long live the Fairy King!" Another yelled.

King looked at the cheering fairies as he sat up, looking confused. "Do they mean...me?"

"The only one who's meant to lead us is you, Harlequin." Gerheade told him, smiling.

"Hey, that's great, man. Good for you. Now, I can finally move on and kiss this pain-in-the-ass job goodbye." Ban said, picking up his backpack.

"Um...s-sir Ban?" Gerheade stuttered, as she averted eye contact with him. "I just want to say thank you with all my heart for saving our Fairy King and Great Tree. Also, I--" She was cut off as Ban grabbed her collar, pulling her close as an angry expression was clear on his face.

"Now, let me make this clear. I couldn't care less what you think of me or everything you tried to put me through. Got it? But the next time you try to hurt Elaine, I won't hesitate to kill you!"

She struggled to speak from his grip. "I swear that I'll protect Lady Elaine's body, no matter what!"

"Damn right, you will!" He threw her away toward King as she landed on his pillow. He then started to walk away, bidding King a good-bye. "Hey, Ban! I'm coming with you!" Jericho told him as she ran to his side.