Chapter 23 - Camelot

Flowers surrounded you, their petals flying around as the sky looked as dark as the night. You stood up, looking around.

"Where am I? What am I doing here?" You asked yourself, memory hazy.

A thud was heard behind you as you looked, eyes trailing down as you saw your bat. "Right...I'm trying to find a way back home." You leaned down, aiming to pick up the bat but it vanished right in front of your eyes. "Huh?"

"Are you sure that you want to go home?" You heard a familiar voice ask from afar.

"Of course. I need to get back home."

"Your heart says something different."

"And how would you know?" You asked the voice.

"I've been living inside you, talking to you whether you liked it or not. I know your deepest desires and your darkest secrets."

"What are you? Why are you inside of me?"

It stayed silent for a moment. "Just know that I'm waiting for the right moment to finally tell you everything."

"Can you at least tell me who you are? Your name?"

"Let's just say...I'm another part of you that you have yet to acknowledge and take pride in. See you later."

The world before you crumbled as you heard voices calling your name.

"Y/N! Y/N! Snap out of it!" Your eyes took a while to open as you sat up, seeing Meliodas, Elizabeth, and Merlin in front of you. "What a relief. You're okay."

"Yeah, but what happened? How did I get here?"

"Gowther made everyone in the entire kingdom black out all at once." Meliodas told you.

"Right! Diane and Gowther are..." You looked behind to see Diane and Gowther sending each other attacks but dodging them effortlessly.

"Strength, 950." Gowther analyzed. "As expected for a Giant. Who knew your physical abilities would come this close to the Captain's even at human size? It seems I'm overmatched without a Sacred Treasure." Gowther started to summon his Sacred Treasure but in an attempt to stop him, Diane summoned two golems. "Fillet and Roast! Go!" The two golems moved their hand toward Gowther in an attempt to crush him in between them.

"All right. Sacred Treasure, Double Bow Harlit!" Before the two golems could crush him, Gowther stopped their movement before moving them toward Diane, catching her off guard. "Hijack!"

"That's enough!" Diane yelled. She jumped up, breaking through the two golems' hands, appearing in front of Gowther.

A bright light appeared, catching everyone's vision. Meliodas, Merlin, Elizabeth, and you, immediately ran toward everyone, making sure they were okay.

"Captain," Diane started. "Didn't think I'd see you here."

You stood by Merlin, seeing Gowther curled up in a ball. You crouched down to his level, putting your hand on his shoulder, earning a flinch from him. You immediately took your hand away, hurt but understanding that he was thinking about what he had done. You stood up, looking toward Merlin. "Is he okay?"

She stayed silent, only nodding.

You heard footsteps from behind, Meliodas coming into view. "Gowther. Do you realize what kind of damage you've done?"

"Please just lock me up. Far away from everyone else. And hurry, before I stop being myself." Was all he said.

Meliodas stayed silent before diverting his attention toward Merlin. "Merlin, we can continue our conversation later."