Chapter 30 - Power

(Picture at top is your weapon. I'm pretty sure it was introduced in the last chapter, but since i have a terrible memory, I forgot to put the image in that chapter....so, here it is! If you don't like this weapon, then I guess you can change it to whatever you want, but I'm really thinking that this weapon will be much more important as we progress through the story so if you chose a different one it might be harder to get through the plot, so.....yeah. Anyway, enough yapping, enjoy the chapter!)

"Are you really our ally? Explain yourself."

"Wait. What is this?" Jenna questioned, watching the two men that were now fighting each other. "They just started fighting all of a sudden!"

"Lady Jenna, what's going on? Why would those two--?" Gilthunder questioned, walking toward her with Howzer.

"How should I know?" Jenna snapped.

Meliodas continued to dodge and counter King's attack with his wooden stick, sending it back to King as he laid off his attack, yelling at Meliodas. "I want you to answer me!"

"It depends on your definition of an 'ally'. If you ever turn on Y/N, then I'm your enemy. That's all that really matters, isn't it?"

"Stop dodging the question. I want to know what your goal is!" He sent the stick toward Meliodas, who reflected it away from him, sending it flying but it quickly recovered, trying to hit Meliodas at remarkable speed, but he continued to dodge, getting a hit in every once in a while. The stick sliced his shoulder, but it was a small cut as Meliodas found an opening, grabbing the stick as he held it in front of King tauntingly. "What will you do now? I took your weapon out of commission."

"Status Promotion!" He yelled as Meliodas' wound opened up, blood spurting out as he held his shoulder, pain evident on his face as he looked at King.

"Come on, tell me what you really want. To bravely protect the peace of the kingdom as the captain of our order? No way. That's not it. Maybe it's to live out your life as a drunk living out your days as the owner of a tavern?" King scoffed, "That's not it either. You've got dark magical power, and though the years go by, you never age. On top of that, you seem very acquainted with those Demon monsters, who were gone for 3,000 years. Fess up. You're actually one of the Ten Commandments, aren't you? Meliodas of the Demon race."

"Merlin, what's going on? What did King do to him?" Jenna asked, wondering how Meliodas' small wound turned into a casualty.

"He can take something moderate and transform it into something deadly," Merlin explained. "This is King's true magical power, Disaster. On one hand, allowing trees and plants to flourish, while on the other, culling them to maintain balance and rule the forest. A very fitting power for the Fairy King."

"Keeping quiet isn't an option. Nor is it suitable for the captain of the sins. Let's try this again. Status Promotion!"

"Full Counter!" Meliodas yelled, sending King's magical power back to him.
"Too bad. It didn't work. The attack didn't even scratch me. That can't be the best that you can do?" King taunted.

"Here's a question. You say it's true, but are you really the Fairy King?" King looked confused as Meliodas continued on. "Because the previous Fairy King named Daria, and the first one, both had pretty impressive sets of wings coming out their backs." Meliodas then stifled a laugh, causing King to get even angrier.

"What?" He seethed.

"Nothing, just thinking how Y/N immediately questioned if you were actually a Fairy when she didn't see your wings. Makes me wonder if she truly believes you're the Fairy King."