Chapter 7

I fluttered my eyes open but then shut them again because of the bright intense light.

"Shoichi, is that you?" I asked examining the figure in front of me.

Moments later a doctor rushed into the room asking me how I feel. I felt... fine? I don't really remember anything but this really bad dream and even that's a blur. The doctor helped me out of bed and I almost collapsed. Shoichi quickly rushed over to me to help out.

"Thanks Shoichi" I said appreciatively.

He nodded with a smile in response. It took some getting used to but my legs finally decided they wanted to work. The doctors ran a few more test on me and decided I was good to go, but required me not to do anything straining. Shoichi and I were walking down the hospital halls together to exit.

"Sooooo do you remember anything?" Shoichi asked out of the blue.

"I'm starting to remember. We were attacked by some weird creature, right?" I asked.

"Mhm, and anything else that maybe happened before well Y'know..." Shoichi said, trying to make me recall a certain memory.

"I don't really remember anything past seeing you pinned down on the floor, I must've been running on adrenaline at that point." I responded.

Shoichi looked disappointed but when we got to the exit he seemed worried.

"There are going to be reported swarming you, so just stay with me and hold my hand," Shoichi said.

"You're like my own personal body guard," I said to him, smiling.

"Yeah well I charge 94 dollars an hour, pay up," he joked.

"Perhaps I could pay in a... different way?" I asked coyly while using my hand to caress his lower stomach.

"W-what," Shoichi asked me seeming extremely shocked.

"I'm just teasing!" I said while laughing.

He shut his eyes and shook his head with a smile. When we stepped outside it was just like Shoichi said. Reporters swarmed me, even going to the lengths of tackling each other and nearly toppling Shoichi and I. They just wouldn't leave us alone though, going to the point of trapping us.

"Get out of the way everyone! Move!" Shoichi shouted, shooing reporters away like flies.

They still wouldn't budge and we were still trapped.

"We just want to know what happened that day, maybe even just a small statement?" A reporter asked unsure of themself.

Shoichi was about to scream again but I put my hand on his shoulder while smiling.

"You all want to know what happened?" I shouted at them.

They all shouted different responses back and I cleared my throat.

"The truth of what happened that night is VERY shocking... what really happened is," I stopped talking for dramatic effect.

All the reporters were urging me to continue on while shoving microphones and cameras in my face.

"The truth of what happened was... THAT I FUCKED ALL OF YOUR MOTHERS IN THAT ABANDONED HOSPITAL!" I shouted at them while nearly breaking down into a fit of laughter.

Shoichi took a moment to process it but started dying and fell to the ground. The reporters looked mortified and I grabbed Shoichi's hand and pushed past them. I looked back at them and saw them still filming me and looking at me so I pulled my eyelid down and stuck out my tongue and continued walking with Shoichi.