Chapter 11

"Are you ready?" A voice asked quietly.

"I don't know..." I responded lost in the figure's eyes.

I looked around and saw a shirt and pants on the floor. I looked back at the figure who was looking down at me. I think I knew what this was, now to answer the question.

"I think I'm-" I was saying but got cut off by a loud annoying sound.

I shot up out of bed and slammed my fist on the alarm clock which nearly broke it. I apologized quietly and closed my eyes and recalled the dream for a good five minutes.

"That was such a weird dream, I've been having a lot of these lately," I said to myself.

I shook it off and got ready for the day. I walked downstairs to leave the house and smelled something good.

"Good morning, I know you don't usually have a lunch with you so I made you something, have a great day at school," my mom said warmly.

I looked back at the lunch bag and back at her smiling face, something doesn't feel right.

"I already made myself something, thanks though," I lied.

She seemed surprised and I saw her gripping something in her hand and straining a smile. She let out a deep sigh and frowned.

"If you say so, I get it will take a bit for you to trust me but I hope in time we can be a family," she said sadly.

I ignored her and walked out the door. I don't care if she's trying to change, you can't change how you treated me. I will never forget that. On my way to school I saw Lance walking with Shoichi, I decided to catch up to them. When I caught up though their conversation seemed... tense. I decided to trail them and listen to as much as I could. I picked out parts of their conversation and saw their facial expressions. It looked pretty... bad. They looked forward and I took that as my cue to butt in.

"Hey guys! I see that you met each other!" I said while pushing between them.

That was a bad idea because my head got stuck in between their arms and they got surprised and pulled back and I nearly fell, but before I hit the ground, Lance caught me and brought me back to my feet.

"Be careful! I don't want you getting hurt," Lance said in a soft voice.

Shoichi wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me closer and smirked.

"Shoichi, we haven't even talked yet, get off of me," I said while pushing him off.

He looked surprised but then looked down. A few moments later he looked me in his eyes.

"Let's talk then," he suggested quietly.

We walked in silence for a few moments and I almost forgot Lance was there as well.

"Ok," I said while taking a deep breath.

Shoichi perked his ears up to show he's listening.

"What you said that day really hurt me, I don't know why and I know it's stupid but hearing you talk about me like that just hurt so bad. I shouldn't have said what I said though, it was greatly uncalled for, I'm sorry," I apologized.

Shoichi seemed surprised at the last part.

"No, I should be the one that's sorry, I was so scared you would hate me and I'm just so sorry," he apologized.

I looked at Shoichi who looked upset so I decided that he needed a hug. I lightly wrapped my arms around him but he hugged me hard and nearly broke my spine.

"Shoichi! Not so hard you're going to break my back!" I choked out.

Shoichi blushed and put me down. Lance raised an eyebrow and smirked.