Predator

******Predator*******

******
Predator
*******

She was sitting on the bed stressing at the thought of school. About pretending to be fine. This summer was hard for her and even though no one knew what happened. She kept thinking of how to mask her disorder. She was concerned because the biggest thing to worry about was no longer grades or her brother being a dork. She had to keep it a secret.

Between her episode this summer and what she discovered, she felt overwhelmed.

People at school already thought she was a freak. They just didn't realize how much of a freak she actually was. Just how crazy, how abnormal.

So she had to keep it secret. She was determined to do good this year. To be better, more outgoing and forget about everything she use to be.

A freak.
Crazy
Weirdo

She was determined to be more.

Even though she was determined, it seemed impossible, unbearable. But it had to be manageable. She had to be in control. That's doable. That's possible. Right? She thought hesitantly.

"Hello, Earth to Maya," Her brother, Scott, was snapping his fingers in her face to get her attention. " Are you even listening to me?"

" Of course, I'm not listening." She rolled her eyes and looked at the ground. "I got my own problems to worry about."

His face soften knowing what she meant. He set his lacrosse stick down and sat beside her on the bed.

"Are you hearing them again?" His voice was dripping with concern. " Because if the medicine is not working we have to tell mo-"

"It's not that Scotty." She sighed. "You don't have to worry about me. I'm the oldest remember."

Scott rolled his eyes and scoffed. She might be older, but she was his sister and it was still his job to take care of her. It was his brotherly duties.

"Maya, I'm still your brother." Scott told her sternly. "I'll always worry about you."

  "The medicine working fine." She answered. "I just wish I didn't have to take it to be normal."

" You are normal." Scott groaned tired of having the same conversation. "You have an imbalance in your brain. How is that your fault? Lots of people have to take medicine. Stiles takes adderol."

Maya cocked her eyebrows at him and chuckled. Stiles was her brothers best friend and by default, making his Mayas friend as well.

He was definitely special. Sarcastic, goofy and a bit of a spaz.