From Buses to Bowling

********From Buses to Bowling*********

********
From Buses to Bowling
*********

Maya and Scott walked into the hospital. Once they got inside the two shared a look. Maya nodded and Scott looked both ways and then, ducked down the hall to Mr. Meyers room. The two decided it'd be a good idea to check on him and see if he remembers anything. It was Mayas jobs to distract the nurses while Scott talked to the man. Maya was silently praying the man wouldn't completely freak out on Scott as she approached the nurses station carrying two boxes of donuts.

"Did my sweet amazing daughter bring us some donuts?" Ms. McCall mused as she saw her daughter approaching the nurses station.

"I thought you guys would like a little treat." She smiled placing the donuts on the counter.

"You are the most sweet thoughtful..." Her mom began making Maya fake blush. " coniving little con artist. You and Scott are so not going out tonight."

Maya placed her hand over her heart in fake hurt, but the look on her moms face was anything but amused.

"Mom, please."

"No, there's a curfew. A police enforced curfew."

"Oh, come on, Melissa." Annie came from behind them digging into the donuts. "Let the girl live a little."

Maya has had her fair share of trips into the hospital. Ever since, she was a kid. She pretty much knows all the nurses on her moms floor. And they all knew her. Annie was her favorite. Maya would always requested her when she was in the hospital. The beautiful black woman was like the aunt she never had.

"Umm, Curfew, Annie." Her mom reminded.

"Will you be back before curfew?" Annie asked the teen taking a bite out of her chocolate donut.

"Umm, yes, Ma'am." She nodded looking between the two woman.

Melissa pursed her lips and crossed her arms. She rolled her eyes slightly and let out a sigh.

"You better be back before curfew." She insisted.

"Thank you, thank you, thank you." She gushed and laughed when Annie shot her a wink.

"Just leave before I change my mind." Melissa rolled her eyes.

Maya laughed and leaned over to kiss her mom on the cheek. She took a glance down the hall hoping Scott was ready at the car as she walked away. She sighed when she arrived at the vehicle. Her brother was not in it. She shook her head and got in. And waited. She waited a few minutes drumming her fingers on the steering wheel impatiently. Just then, Scott jumped in the vehicle.

"Well?" She wondered.

"He recognized me."

"Well, yeah, Scott. We did use to ride his bus." She reasoned with an eye roll.