After Alpha Attack

*********Alpha*********

*********
Alpha
*********

Maya groaned. The sound of her alarm clock in the morning was probably the single most annoying sound she's ever heard. At least with the mood she's in it is.

She quickly turned the incessant alarm off and threw the covers off her with another groan. Due to the events of yesterday, she hasn't slept well. She actually hasn't slept well at all since this summer, but especially last night. It wasn't nightmares keeping her up. No, it was the events of her life keeping her up. Wasn't fiction scary things, it was the actual real things happening in her life. Between the supernatural, her finding out her whole life was basically a lie, the boy drama, seeing another dead body, her own abnormal abilities, running from werewolf hunters, she was barely making it.

Yet, she still found a way to get up and do her normal routine. Brew coffee for her mother (even though she's been avoiding her) and wake Scott up.

She got a quick shower and got dressed for school. She was in the middle of brushing her teeth when Scott finally decided to get out of bed. The boy stumbled into the bathroom not even bothering to knock.

"Umm, hello." Maya gestured to herself in the bathroom and Scott not knocking.

"Sorry, but at least your dressed." He said grabbing his toothbrush.

"Dude, you look like hell."

"Yeah, I was out with Derek all night."

Mayas heart began racing. Her mind as well. Wuestions circled her head.

Did he know about the kiss?
Did Derek tell him? 
When were they together?

She finally shook the thoughts away and decided to play it cool especially since she could tell her brother was entirely too tired to notice her unusual reaction to Derek's name.

"What were you doing with Derek?" She asked cautiously.

"He was telling me some things about the Alpha and teaching me to be human." Scott muttered and began putting toothpaste on his brush. "By breaking my hand."

"What?" Maya yelled and rinsed her tooth brush off.

"Yeah, said pain keeps me human. Or whatever. I jsut want a normal life." He whined and began brushing his teeth.

"You can say that again." Maya muttered finishing up brushing her teeth.

"But how are you?" He asked. "I know about the attack and the manager. Derek and I were there."