Wolf Moon

******Wolf Moon******

******
Wolf Moon
******

       She was walking through the woods. It was late, and dark. Not a light in the sky other than the twinkles of the stars and the glow of the moon. She stumbled out of the woods to a house. It was a stately brick mansion. Sturdy and powerful much like the people who occupied it. Maya walked up to the door.

      A shiver went through her spine as she opened it. She walked it and looked around. The staircase stood tall and the house was filled with life.

      Suddenly, the door behind her slammed shut. She jumped in fear. She whipped around to look at the door. She tried opening it, but it wouldn't budge. She froze at the scent of burned wood.

         She slowly turned around to face the rest of the house. Bright fiery red flames began engulfing the house, devouring every inch in its hellish heat.

         The girl began banging on the door fiercely screaming for help, but it was no use.

          The flames started approaching her. She could feel the sizzle on her skin, her the crackling of the house being set ablaze. It was an inferno and it was heading straight for her.

         RINGGGG. RINGGGG. RINGGG.

Mayas alarm went off. She woke up drenched in sweat. She quickly checked her body. She had no burns even though the dream felt very real. She sighed and got up to take on the day. Attempting to shake the horrific dream and unwelcome feelings away. She goes to Scott's room to wake him up like she does every morning since the boy is incapable of getting up by himself.

        When she walks in, she finds he's not there. She frowned wondering if he had actually woke up on his own. She checked the rest of the house and her brother was nowhere to be found. She pulled out her phone to give him a call. As soon as she does, a slight buzzing noise emits from his nightstand. She rolls her eyes when she sees it's his phone.

She heard the front door open and immediately started yelling.

"Where the hell were you?" Maya's attitude changed when she noticed his sleeping shorts were soaked. "Why are you wet?"

"I don't wanna talk about it." He grumbled and went upstairs to get ready.

"Well, I do." She followed. "What's going on with you? Scott?"

He was standing in his room going through his clothes. Trying to ignore his sister. He could tell he was making her mad. She called his name again to get his attention and he groaned turning towards her and leaning against his dresser.