Hale House Fire

*******Hale House Fire********

*******
Hale House Fire
********

Derek wanted to show the pair what werewolf hunters are capable of. He wanted to prove to them that Allison and her family cannot be trusted. He would never trust another Argent again.

They pulled up to Beacon Hills Assisted Living Facility. When Maya realized where they were chills shot down her spine. All the emotion drained from her face. She hasn't been back here since this summer since her episode. It was the worst one yet. The man with the burned face still plagues her dreams sometimes.

"Are you okay?" Scott asked giving his sister a nudge.

"Yeah, yeah." She said shaking the uncanny feeling away from her. "I want to know."

Scott offered her a smile and nod for them to continue. Derek had walked them into the place going in a back way since the facility was closed to the public. Fear crept into Maya as they walked down the hall. It was all too familiar. She felt as she did that day with Stiles. She knew exactly where Derek was going because she had been there before. He was calling to her. His pain and anguish. They walked into his room. The man was positioned beside the window in a chair.

" who is he?" Scott asked.

"He was my uncle. Now, he's barely even human." Derek told him.

"What happened to him?"

Maya knew the answer. She felt his pain, his agony when she was there last time. She was standing in the back, her heart breaking for the man in front of her. No one deserves that kind of torment.

"The Hale house fire." Maya breathed out. Derek nodded.

"How'd you know?"

"This is the man." Maya told him still staring at him. "From the last time, my episode this summer. It was him. The fire. I felt it."

She walked around to look at him and sunk to her knees. She reached out to grab his hand. She wanted to help, to see where his mind was at. She wanted him to know he wasn't alone and he didn't deserve it.

"You don't know it was the Argents." Scott retorted.

"Yes, I do." Derek stated. "They were the only ones who knew about us."

"Then, they had a reason." Scott reasoned.

"Scott, you don't understand. There were children in the fire. You don't know. It was his whole family." Maya told him softly.

Derek's anger and dispair was showing.

"What reason justifies this?" He turned his uncle around to face Scott revealing the burns on his face. "They act like they have a code, that they won't kill kids and only kill werewolves who have murdered, but like she said they went against that."

They werewolves began to bicker when Maya wrapped her hands around the man in coma. She breathed and began taking his pain. The magenta energy electrified their hands and Maya eyes glowed brightly.

She was there again. In the fire.

She saw the women and children. Some weren't even wolves, yet. They were panicking locked inside. The older woman, seemed to be the leader or Alpha. She gathered the children around and held them, wanting to protect them from the flames, from the fear.

With a gasp, she was back in the room with Scott and Derek. She stood up holding her chest.

"Maya, you good?" Scott asked softly.

He reached out to touch his sister, but she flinched away from him.

"Scott, I'm telling you right now. If the Argents are responsible like Derek said they are not good people, they are despicable people."

She walked out the door, but not without seeing the look of sorrow on Derek face. She offered him a small smile and walked away.

She wanted to get home. She was hoping to have good dreams of a peaceful like, but she knew how unlikely that would be. A peaceful life is no longer possible living in the world of supernatural.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This chapter was short. I jsut wanted Maya to be there when he showed Scott. I ability to see things from other eyes gives her an entire new level of compassion.

But since it was a chapter, let me know about any thoughts comments or concerns.