Movie Madness

******Movie Madness ******

******
Movie Madness
******

Melissa McCall  was sitting at the table debating on how to approach her children. She has noticed they are returning home later and later and not to mention a certain talk with the sheriff has made her worry about their behavior. She has always had a sort of hands off approach of parenting because typically she could trust Scott and Maya to know better about most things, but she feels this needs addressing.

Maya made her way into the kitchen and grabbed a water from the fridge.

"I noticed you got home late last night again?" It was phrased as a question, even though it was a statement.

Maya paused for a second and chuckled.

"Yeah, sorry. Scott and I were at Stiles' studying and lost track of time." Maya explained.

"Really because Noah told me Stiles wasn't home either, then we had a talk about it that the three of you have been involved in."

Maya froze. She internally groaned not looking forward to this conversation and not really knowing how to approach her mother. Especially since finding out the adopted news. Suddenly, Scott came downstairs to join the conversation.

"What're we talking about?" He asked grabbing a bottle of water himself.

"About what's going on with you two?" She told her brother.

His eyes widen a little and nodded his head.

"Well, look at the time. I gotta go." He told them not wanting to get in between the mother and daughters disagreement.

"Wait." His mother called. He stopped in his tracks and turned around. "Come back"

Scott groaned internally and walked back to the kitchen.

"We don't keep secrets in this family." Their mother began to lecture, but Maya couldn't help, but laugh at that. "What's funny Maya?"

"Sorry, sorry," she laughed some more a bit bitterly. "I just think 'we don't keep secrets' is a little ironic coming from you."

"And why is that?" Melissa crossed her arms and looked at her daughter.

Maya accepted the look as a challenge and she dryly chuckled before looking up at her mom.

"If we don't keep secrets, why didn't you tell me I was adopted?"

Silence echoed through the house. Her mother ran cold. The woman's face said it all.

"Exactly," Maya rolled her eyes and began walking out the kitchen.

"Maya, wait!" Her mother tried calling, but the girl had walked out the house

Stiles had just arrived to pick her up. Scott was using the car tonight so naturally Stoles was her go to for rides.

Maya climbed into the vehicle without taking a look back at her house or her mother. Stiles immediately could feel the tension. He himself was worried about Maya because of the events of the other night. How she risked her life for Derek Hake of all people.