The Truth

********The Truth *********

********
The Truth
*********

The entire way to school Scott was complaining. He didn't want to talk to Allison. In his mind, she practically hated him. He would hate himself too. I mean it's not like she's been the number 1 boyfriend. With having to constantly lie to her all the time, and then, he kissed one of her best friends. He groaned thinking about that moment and how he's probably lost her forever. He didn't want to get the necklace from her. The only thing he wanted to do with her was make amends. And he was dreading the entire day.

Maya felt bad for her brother, but at the same time she was tired of his whining. He had to get the necklace no matter what it was the only clue they had to the alpha. Maya couldn't help but think maybe Kate had something to do with it all. After all, it was her necklace first. The pair began to walk into the courtyard of the school when Stiles met them. Maya couldn't help, but smile when he arrived next to her.

"This is going to be impossible." Scott sighed and pushed the double doors open to the school. "Maya, there's no way you can get it. I mean don't girls share jewelry?"

"Yeah, they do share jewelry." Maya nodded. "But they don't share ancient family heirlooms! Her aunt gave her that. I mean, her necklace is like my amulet."

Maya pulled her amulet out from underneath her shirt demonstrating its importance to the boys. Stiles eyed it. It's the first time he's actually seen it. She told him all about it on the phone, how Derek found it in his mother's belongings, how it was important to her family. And he could tell how excited Maya was to have something from her biological family. To have something that has to do with her abilities, with who she is.

He notice how the vibrant fuchsia color accentuates her skin and makes her deep brown eyes more inviting. It suited her. Almost as if it was meant for her. And it was drawing him in.

"Just — just talk to her." Stiles stated ignoring the pull he had to the girl next to him.

"She doesn't want to talk to me." Scott grumbled. "Oh my god. What if she only takes it off in the shower or something?"

"That's why you got to ease into it." Stiles began, but Scott had something else on his mind. "Get back on her good side, remind her of the good times and then, ask for the necklace."

Maya nodded agreeing, but hoping that that plan doesn't cause more harm than good. Maya squinted realizing her brother wasn't listening. His mind was filled with provocative thoughts. Maya could sense his desire and she almost gagged realizing where his mind was at. She smacked his arm hard with a scowl on her face.

"Stop thinking of her in the shower, you perve."

Scott rubbed his arm as if her slap hurt.

"You have got to stay focused." Stiles told him getting his attention. "Get the necklace, get cured, and then get Allison back."