Final Fire

******
Final Fire
******

"No!" Stiles cried.

His arms reached out to catch her. When she fell, he cradled her in his arms. Tears streaming down his face as he stared at the girl he loves and her heart began beating slower and slower. He brushed the hair out of her face just thinking of her.

How she had to be okay. He just got her, just admitted how he felt about her. He has been in love with her for years. He's not prepared for never seeing her smile or hearing her laugh again. Seeing her at School in the morning. Living without her would truly be a fate worse than death. He couldn't handle that. At all.

"What did you do?" His voice cracking at the sight.

Stiles blinked trying to clear his watery vision. He quickly shrugged his jacket off and wrapped it around her waist covering the slash marks like Maya did when Derek was shot.

He was barely holding it together. It seemed impossible. Unbearable.

"You and only you will be helping me." Peter seethed and began walking away.

" No, I'm not leaving her." He yelled with the little strength he had. "Or Lydia. Like I said kill me if you have too. I don't care."

Emptiness filled his voice. Peter slitted his eyes with the same venom he had when he hurt Maya. He stalked over to the boy and put to fingers on his chin. He forcefully pulled him off the ground and away from the girls.

"You don't have a choice. Unless you want both of your precious McCalls to be dead. You are coming with me."

Scott.

Maya would never forgive him if he let something happen to her brother. He sniffled thinking he had to save him. He had to help. Because it's what Maya would do. It's what she would want.

But he couldn't leave her. Especially like that.

"I can't just leave them to die! What am I suppose to do?" He cried.

"Fine." Peter rolled his eyes feeling no compassion for the teenagers. "Call your friend, Jackson. Have him come get them. That's all you get."

Stiles looked at Maya hoping and praying she will be okay. He swiftly pulled out his phone to call Jackson to come get the two girls. Tear after tear fell as he looked at her face. Once so full of life, now so pale and dying. He dropped down beside her. Wrapping his body around her as if to hold onto to her and never wanting to say goodbye.

"You can't leave me. Please, I—I need you."

As he laid hugging her, he felt a small bump in his jacket pocket. He instantly knew what it was. He hurriedly, but carefully not to be seen took it out the pocket and placed her locket in her hand. He moved his hand over hers and squeezed causing her to grip it. Even just a small fraction of hope was enough. Peter said the locket had powers beyond her understand, maybe just maybe, it'll work.

"I'm waiting." Peter growled impatiently from behind them.

"I'm coming."

Before he was forced to leave with the alpha, he leaned down beside Maya and pressed his lips against her forehead. He caressed her cheek and stood there for a second just in soaking her presence.

"Fight, Maya. You can do this. Don't give in and don't let him win. You promised. Remember your promise."

He gave her hand a squeeze and left with Peter.