The Lady of The Grand Narukami Shrine

sex money feelings die by Lykke Li

How To Disappear by Lana Del Rey

Ayato POV.

Even if the people I'm going to need help from doesn't believe me, it doesn't matter. I will do anything in my power to stop whatever will happen just so that Y/N will be safe again. I will do anything, to have her be safe. If it means that she will never love me again, I will do it still, with absolutely no hesitation. Not just her; the lives of the people I care about are at risk. I don't know what I'll do if I see Ayaka and Thoma die before my eyes all over again, knowing that I could've changed the events.

"So, Zhongli is in?" The fatui harbinger asks, his face smug.

"If I can convince the Traveller, I'm sure Zhongli will join us. But, that's not what you're supposed to be worried about. I need you to find everything you can about what the Shogun is doing, and I need every piece of information on Khaen'riah," I remind Childe again.

"Remember what you've agreed in exchange for my work," Childe smirks, heading out the door and I give him a silent nod.

"My Lord, I have found some clues on the Abyss," One of my Shuumatsuban ninjas come forward from the shadows.

"I see... Do explain,"

"I found traces of Abyss Mages near the Grand Narukami Shrine," He explains his findings. At the mention of the Grand Narukami Shrine, my eyes immediately go to him.

"What? What are Abyss Mages doing at the Grand Narukami Shrine??"

"I believe that they have been eyeing on someone who goes to the shrine regularly. I advise you to speak to Lady Yae on this matter, My Lord," My ninja bows humbly.

"Alright, thank you. Continue to stick around the shrine and let me know immediately if any suspicion arises," I order and he nods, going into the shadows again. I walk out of the waiting room in a fast pace and notice Thoma in the corner of my eye, his eyes looking at me curiously. He beckons a maid he was talking to to walk away and comes forward to me.

"My Lord, where are you going? I don't you having any meetings scheduled for today other than the Traveller's unexpected visit," Thoma asks.

"I'm going to the Grand Narukami Shrine to have a talk with Lady Guuji, while I'm away, I will leave you to the duty of being in-charge of the household until Ayaka comes back from her training," I smile. Thoma nods in assurance as I make my way out of my residence, servants and soldiers bowing down to me.

Y/N POV.

I grunt, dragging my feet across the ground. My bag is full of Sakura Blossoms and I'm extremely tired from running around the entire morning just for a bunch of flowers.

"Lady Yae is too harsh on me... I know I'm the only other shrine maiden other than her that has an electro vision but still..." I complain.

I start climbing up the steps towards the Grand Narukami Shrine and something already feels off. I pause in my steps, taking out my sword. The atmosphere feels weird, as if Abyss mages were here. But it isn't possible, those silly mages would never dare to step foot into anywhere near civilization. Right? At that moment, I hear the all too familiar voices off Abyss mages and they appear before my eyes. It's been long since I've fought, I might've gone rusty.

And Abyss mages out of everything...

I take a quick breath before activating my element, electricity running through my veins as I jump forward.

"May the thunder send you to your defeat," I close my eyes, electricity transferring onto my blade. Purple clouds form above me and thunder strikes down onto the Abyss mages, breaking down their shields and depleting their health to a half.

"Tch," I slice through the Abyss mages, cutting them into halves. Traces of their voices become silent as dead leaves drop from where they used to be. I let out a sigh of relief and bend down to pick up the silver branches that have aged like fine wine. With such great quality, I can sell them for a high price. My family could use some of that money for a better house. They've been staying in the Konda Village for far too long. It's so far from where their business is... The money from these branches could get us a house in the city itself.

"But... What are Abyss mages doing here?" I whisper to myself, eyebrows furrowed.

"And I sensed that there was something off. Indeed, I am always right. It's good that you're back, you defeated them just in time. The people at the shrine could've been in danger," Lady Yae walks towards me.

"Lady Yae!" I smile.

"Yes, yes. I'm here now. Abyss mages, huh... That's suspicious," Lady Yae folds her arms together.

"That's what I thought, too. They're never near civilizations and even if they were, it has never been this close. I'm afraid the Abyss are planning something against the Grand Narukami Shrine," I relay my concern and she nods.

"Or instead of the shrine, maybe it's... someone," A sly low voice appears behind me and I look back, gasping softly.

"You?!?!" I think a little too loudly.

"Oh, this is a much bigger surprise than Abyss mages at my shrine. Since when did you both know each other?" Lady Yae eyes us suspiciously.

"Please, Lady Guuji. Spare the questions. I have more important topics to discuss with you. And now that Y/N is here, I guess that just adds one more person," He says.

"How did you know about the Abyss mages? Did the Yashiro rascal put his people to check my shrine?" Lady Yae smirks, turning away.

"YASHIRO- HUH??" I look at the blue haired man as he gives me a sly smile.

"My, my. Don't tell me you didn't know that this friend of yours is the Head of the Kamisato Clan?" Lady Yae walks up toward the shrine and the Kamisato man follows.

"Pity, I wanted to keep my identity from you for awhile longer. I'm afraid it's only lasted for not even two days," Lord Kamisato shrugs as I jog up to their pace.

"I can't believe this..." I mentally slap myself.

I was flirting with the Head of the Kamisato Clan.

I look up at him in worry that he would-

Oh.

He puts a finger up to his lips and returns my worries with a reassuring close eyed smile.