Aches

Let Me Love You Like A Woman by Lana Del Ray

Y/N POV.

This feels... familiar for some reason?

The setting of Ayato and me eating a meal I've cooked...

It feels like we've done this before?

"Ugh!!" I groan in pain, my head throbbing in agony. I can hear the thumps in my head as it pangs against the back of my brain and I'm forced to drop my utensils onto table.

"Y/N? Are you okay?" I hear Ayato's distinct voice.

There's ringing in my ears.

"Is it good?" I can hear myself talking in the background.

"Whatever you make, it always is delicious, my dear wife,"

Who's that?

"Oh, stop with your sweet tongue. You're only saying that because I'm your wife..." I laugh.

Just who am I talking to???

"No. It's because I love you, Y/N,"

His face is blurry...

"Y-"

"Yato- Huh?" My voice pulls me back to reality and I'm beyond confused as to why I've just called out Ayato's name in both my mind and here. Wait, that's not even Ayato's name. What-

"W-Wait. What did you just say?" He drops his spoon onto the table, his face full of shock.

"Uh-"

"Did you just... call me 'Yato'?" Ayato stands up, rushing to my side. He grabs my shoulders and pulls me closer to his face, eyes full of urgency.

"What?"

"Say it again," Ayato urges me.

"Why?"

"Just say it."

"Yato...?"

The strength in his hand weakens and his face falls.

"How did you know to call me by that?" He asks.

"I don't know..."

"You... don't know?"

"Am I supposed to know something?" I arch an eyebrow, even more confused this time round.

"No. No, it's nothing. I guess your words reminded me of something. I apologise, Y/N... I didn't mean to... be so aggressive," And, again. He gives me that reassuring smile, making me feel as if I was at the safest place in the world.

...

Not long after finishing our meal, Ayato and I make our way to town where we meet Lady Yae at Komore Teahouse. The moment I step foot into the place, I'm greeted by a dog that can talk and I'm honestly not even surprised anymore. Becoming acquaintances with the Head of the Kamisato Clan, an attack by Abyss Mages, what's next? I don't even want to predict...

The aroma of tea infiltrates my body, instantly relaxing me at the scent of chamomile. The weather outside is still quite cold even though the rain has subsided. The children are playing in the puddles and stall owners are lifting up their covers, the air smelling like dewy mornings and fresh grass. The sunlight leaks through the windows, spilling into the teahouse as it lights up the warm house. Noblewomen and men are discussing politics and philosophy in their respective rooms, laughter and gossip a tad bit too loud.

"Lord Kamisato, Miss Y/N. Lady Guuji and a few other guests are awaiting for you," A servant bows and in habit, I bow back.

"A few other guests?" Ayato queries.

"Apologies, Lord Kamisato. But, I do not recognise them as anyone from Inazuma or important figures from other nations. They do not seem to be from Inazuma. From their manner and fashion, I would have to guess that they are from Liyue and Monstadt," The servant maintains her 45 degree bow as she speaks.

I feel awkward in such a high setting. I'm not used to such events. Of course, being one of the most powerful shrine maidens, I have attended many parties and events like this. But, one can never get used to things like that. The day I get used to living in extravagant luxury will be the day I marry a rich man.

"Lead the way," Ayato says and the servant leads us to the last room on the left, knocking on the door two times before waiting for another 3 seconds and then, sliding the door to reveal Lady Yae, the Traveller, Paimon and, a man who I have absolutely no idea is but wow, is he HOT.

"Do you not recognise the Traveller?" Ayato asks the servant.

"I am very sorry, My Lord. But, I have never met the Traveller before. Had I known, I would have informed you earlier," The servant bows apologetically before Ayato and I step in. She slides back the door with a sullen face and walks away. I turn my attention to the man I don't recognise and oo la la...

His eyes shine like the gold from Liyue, his features mature and handsome, his clothing like the scales of the dragons told in legends. There's a red shadow at the corners of his eyes and, I'm baffled with the way it suits him perfectly. The clarity in his eyes makes it seem like he's witnessed the birth of mountains and seas, his posture ballerina-perfect, his etiquette noble yet old. There's something about him that I can't put my finger on but he would surely make the men turn their eyes to him. He looks as if he was sculpted by a master, a sculpture that took hundreds of years to perfect. The magnum opus of an artist, the porcelain of his skin so fair and smooth and, oh his voice. It was alluring. A low bass that would vibrate his chest when he speaks and, it's captivating. His voice pulls you in like gravity the moment he opens a gap of his mouth. He would be good competition with Ayato, if I could say so myself.

"Quite ogling at our guest and settle down, Y/N," Lady Yae chuckles and I'm pulled out from my thoughts. Ayato looks down at me with furrowed eyebrows and a frown before walking quickly to have a seat in front of the mysterious man.

"Lady Yae, are the girls-"

"They're in safe hands, Y/N," She smiles and I give a sigh of relief.

"Traveller, Paimon. It's been quite a couple of days since I last saw you. I remember seeing you watching my performance at the festival," I greet them, settling down between the Traveller and Ayato.

"Yes! Yes! Your dance was amaaaazzzzinggg!! Paimon wanted to wait for you to finish your dance to tell you that but Traveller said that they needed to do something so we had to go," Paimon complains and I laugh.

"You danced very elegantly," The Traveller gives me a nod and I smile in the flattery.

"Not going to give your greetings to me, I suppose?" The man sitting opposite Ayato asks with a smile teasingly.

"Ah! I'm sorry, I don't know your name yet, I was just about to ask," I pat Paimon head as she settles on my lap.

"Zhongli, I'm a consultant from the Wangsheng Funeral Parlour in Liyue," He introduces himself.

Are we holding a funeral? For who?

"Oh! I'm Y/N, a shrine maiden at the Grand Narukami Shrine," I give my greetings, stretching a hand to shake. As he was about to reach out, Ayato clears his throat.

"Ahem, let's get down to business. Shall we?" He smiles.

Zhongli pulls back his hand and I'm slightly disappointed that I just lost the chance of shaking hands with such a handsome man. Ayato, seriously...