Hectares and Lectors

Supermassive Black Hole by Muse

Ayato POV.

I sigh as I lean into my chair. The morning has come once again, and I am left with nothing but eyebags and the knowledge of Y/N possibly knowing everything and nothing at once. The chirps of the birds outside are as loud as day and the bustling streets of Inazuma is once again busy. Outside my office, the servants are tending to the household chores of the estate and Ayaka has woken up early to plan for the useless ball.

"Sir, there is someone here that wants to meet you. He says his name is Childe," Thoma knocks on my door before I rub my temples in silence.

It's just too fucking early for this.

"Let him in. And while you're at it, get me my breakfast and morning tea. I'll have it in my office," I order him and Childe's figure enters the frame of the door.

"Woah, must've stayed up all night, huh?" The ginger chuckles mischievously.

"Enough with the formality. Why are you here?" I ask, putting my paperwork away from my table.

"I have more information on the thing you told me to do," He smiles.

I pause.

"I overheard a conversation taking place between two lectors in the Chasm awhile ago when we were there but at the same time, I didn't know what they were talking about so I didn't say anything. But after putting the pieces together, I figured that Celestia has been trying to communicate with Y/N but they can't get through because of the Abyss' interruption," Childe explains.

"What? What do you mean?" I ask as Thoma places my breakfast and tea on my table.

"Apparently, they have a place at Amakane Island. I'm not sure but, it's what was brought up in their conversation," Childe shrugs simply.

I slice my breakfast thinly, the katsu sandwiches plated neatly on a fine plate of Liyue porcelain, the sliced chicken in-between the pieces of white bread fried to a golden crisp, crunching in my mouth as I bite into it. The sweet and sour sauce coats the meat in its sienna colours, making it just right. The chef has done well today...

As Childes explains what he heard, I sip my tea in consideration, deciding to find the place Childe is talking about on Amakane Island. Before I know it, the Harbinger leaves briskly and I ready myself for a dangerous excavation to fight the Abyss. Rolling my shoulders in exhaustion, I look at myself in the mirror before taking note of how tired I actually look. Thoma looks at me in worry, the man who will finish off my paperwork dreading his time in my office when I leave.

"Are you sure you're not just worried about me, Thoma?" I chuckle, putting on my coat.

"How can you say that, Milord?" The blonde chuckles awkwardly.

"Remember to keep it a secret. You know what to say if anyone asks for me, especially Ayaka. That girl is just too persistent, sometimes," I raise my eyebrows in amusement.

"I can only say she learned it from you," Thoma smiles.

"Alright, I'll be taking my leave now," I slide the doors to the balcony, looking out at the Inazuman sea as I think of the scene from the past when the storms raged, swallowing the boats of people who were trying to escape.

"Please return safely, Milord..." Thoma's voice trails away.

"I will," I frown at the memory, stepping onto the grass gently as I make my way to Amakane Island discreetly.

...

The forest beckons me, enshrouded in mystery and a calm silence. The far dangers that I will soon meet calls my name as I step foot into the sakura forest. The sun is still up, and the boats of the fishermen skid against the viridian waves. It has been far too long since I had time like this to myself... As I look around, a small breeze passes by, sakura blooms dancing in the wind. I lift my fingers, catching one by accident.

"Please," I plead into the sweet scent of the flower, kissing it softly before letting it go.

My eyes follow along, and it lands on a stone, too unusual to be left on this beautiful island. Trudging through the grass and upon a closer look, the curves of the stone writes an ancient language.

"Stop hiding," I stand, gripping the hilt of my sword cautiously as I look around.

There is a shift in the air as a lector appears before me, its aura almost suffocating. Had I not had a vision, I would've just accepted my death.

"I am not here to fight. My majesty has sent me here as they have been expecting you," The lector groans.

"Your... majesty?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"You need not know who they are, for the Traveler should only know this," It speaks.

"Celestia is trying to communicate with Y/N," It continues, "And, we are trying our best to prevent that from happening. In that girl's sleep, she relives memories of her past that she should not know. However due to our interjection, she barely remembers anything."

"What do you mean? Why would the Abyss be involved in this?" My grip not leaving my sword.

"If it all goes according to Celestia's plans, they will become stronger. We have a common enemy, and whether our intention towards Celestia is good or bad, you need not know. I shall spare the details and inform you that in order to prevent the past from repeating itself, you must receive and survive the Divine Punishment. Good luck," The lector disappears right before my eyes and I am left with nothing but the information I have been given in the last few minutes.

The unrelenting strength I had been exerting on my sword finally loosens and as I stand on the lone island, a deathly dread creeps into my heart.