A Night To Remember

Love Story by Taylor Swift

#stantaylor #taylorswiftsolos i couldn't wait to release this chapter so i'll just release it now to feed the thirsty ppl reading this fanfic and laugh at your disappointment eheheh (anyw back to the story)

Y/N POV.

Kazuha starts playing music from a leaf(?) and I begin dancing. The crew and the others are gathered in a semi-circle on the deck, a large round table full of hearty meals set all ready and warm. I open my fan, covering my face, giving them a little tease as the music begins. My eyes glance over Ayato's before I smile, moving like an elegant swan. My movements fleeting and gentle, carrying the skills I've learnt since I was young. And you can tell, that this art of mine is like no others. Their mesmerised eyes hold excitement as I spin gracefully along the flute-like melody, carrying memories of Inazuma in my steps like no other. The lights on the deck shine upon my face, my fan covering it again as I reach out with my hands to the stars hanging above us that decorate the night sky with its diamonds.

"Every time Paimon watches Y/N dance, Paimon feels fuzzy inside. Hehe!!" I hear Paimon in the corner.

I close my eyes, smiling. I let my body do what it wants, moving together with the music. Every time I dance I always feel free, like I'm a crane flying over Teyvat and nobody else can feel like this other than me, because only I can dance like this. Like an angel. They would say. The people who come from all over the world would watch me dance full of impressed expressions. But here I am, doing it for free. But I don't mind it, because it brings smiles to their faces. Ayato's eyes and mine meet, and we don't break eye contact.

He looks as if he's entranced by my dance, as if he's watching me dance for the first time. His empty ocean eyes now filled with passion; a tranquil calm. And just like that, it feels like there is only him and I in this place, like I'm the only one dancing for him. I can see it, just us, alone in this silent night. All of his attention on me and all of my attention on him. His gaze makes me nervous, and I never get nervous on stage. But there he is, soft eyes staring into mine as adrenaline courses through my veins. And it feels like we have a connection of some sort, our souls intertwined by fate, like we're soulmates belonging to one another. Different scenarios fly past my mind, all of them full of us together. It could be my imagination, but it feels too real... I'm reminded of the dream I dreamt where the man's face was someone whom I couldn't remember, and Ayato comes to mind.

It's like we were lovers in our past lives...

The music comes to a stop and I end the performance with a bow. Through the cheers and applause, Ayato continues to look at me with the same eyes, not moving an inch. I give him a sweet smile before he returns it with one, as well. Captain Beidou beckons me to come over as we eat, Kazuha coming down from the top of the pole to dig in together with all of us. Compliments of my performance reach my ears and I thank them profusely for their hospitality.

"No need to thank us," Captain Beidou says.

Eating on the Crux in the middle of the sea is truly an experience I might never have again...

...

"Ugh..." My heads feel weird and I roll off my bed, sitting on the floor as I struggle to get myself up.

Everyone has turned in for the night but I'm probably the only one still awake. The corridor outside is dim but I manage to get my legs to bring me up to the deck for a breather. I stumble a bit and use my vision to help me stay focused, electricity shooting up my brain a bit. I groan and lean against the railing, feeling nauseous.

"I'm definitely seasick..." I complain, the nausea not going away anytime soon.

"Y/N...?" I hear a voice.