All Aboard!!

Sparks by Coldplay

Y/N POV.

"Lord Kamisato, we have arrived," The coachman announces, hopping off the carriage and standing by the door to help us down the steps. Both Ayato and I quickly move away from each other awkwardly and I cough in order to break the silence. We make eye contact again and Ayato looks away, knocking on the carriage door to signal the coachman that he's allowed to open it now. He exits out and I'm left alone in the carriage.

I calm my nervous, trying to forget what had just happened. My heart is racing and my brain feels fuzzy but I know that I can't be like this. He's a noble. It's inappropriate for someone of his stature to be in cahoots with the likes of me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not insecure about my social status or anything. I just feel that it's common knowledge that nobles only marry nobles...

"Are you ready?" I hear his voice. I look out the carriage and see him in my view, a hand reaching out to take mine. I descended the steps and he smiles sweetly again before directing his attention to his servants.

"Y/N, welcome aboard!! It's been quite awhile since I last saw you. Pleasure to see you again," Captain Beidou walks toward me, greeting me as the Crux awaits us behind her.

"Captain Beidou, the pleasure is mine! I'm incredibly excited for this trip. I apologise in advance if I do get seasick and manage to puke all over somewhere, though..." I joke and we laugh together.

Captain Beidou and I knew each other through my parents because she frequented our business. The last time I saw her was a year ago when she came to the shrine to try her luck to see whether her ventures to Fontainne would go well. She ended up receiving the great fortune slip and we drank some beer in celebration for her big trip. It's always nice to see familiar faces around here from afar, especially with the Vision Hunt Decree still ongoing. I can only be glad that my vision has not been taken due to Lady Yae's kind words to the Shogun who has pardoned me from this decree.

"Don't worry, you won't get sick with the care of my crew. Trust me. Plus, you have a vision. Poeple like us are stronger, you know?" Captain Beidou smiles, slinging an arm around me as we walk up the slope towards the ship in laughter.

"And you really need to make that dish I tasted last time. I've been dying to have it ever since I left for Fontainne," She adds.

"Anything you want, I'll do it!!" I flick my hair sassily to show her how confident I am in my skills.

"That's my girl," She smiles.

The dark wooden flooring creaks as I step foot onto the humungous boat, the evening sky lighting up the entire place. The crew is bustling around, stocking the boat with all kinds of things you can think of. Zhongli and the Traveller has already gotten off their carriage and is making their way up together, conversing in something about the Chasm and a person named 'Xiao'. Ayato is still on the ground, ordering his men to do whatever he commands, masking a poker face as he speaks.

"I heard you're going to the Chasm," Captain Beidou speaks as we move forward to the head of the ship, the setting sun at the end on the other side of the world.

"It's gonna be pretty dangerous, I'm aware... I've read a few books about that place and it is quite horrifying but, I want to see what's out there. I don't hate working at the shrine but it's not the ideal way of living your youth when there's so much to see," I look out into the scenery, the wind blowing my hair.

"You might not come back..." Captain Beidou's voice trails away solemnly.

"I'll make it back, I promise. I still have to tell everyone about my trip to Liyue and the Chasm. Imagine the look on Itto's face when I tell him I went to that place. Or Ayaka's? She would be all wide-eyes, breathing down my neck about how dangerous it is. And my parents... They've never really let me travel so this might be the only chance I can go," I face Captain Beidou, eyes full of determination.