Chapter 4

"Your father left a gift on the bed for you"

"Go look I think you'll like it."

Opening the bag I had tears in my eyes. Yet, I had a sense of peace in my heart.

For years our family necklace has been passed done for generations. Tracing my fingers on the patterns, I was reminded of my grandmother.

It has been two years since she passed away. The necklace fit perfectly.

At the sound of my father's voice, I rushed downstairs to greet him. "Iris, you're finally home, I found the perfect guy for you." "Dad, I.., no buts Iris"

"Get dressed and met me downstairs"

1 hour later

"What was taking you so long?"

"Met Marco, he's intelligent, an Entrepreneur, handsome, and he can take care of you."

Why's he here, should he be in America? Out of all the people in the world, dad had to choose this guy.

"We meet again Iris"

Camila's house was suffocating. His constant spare gave me goosebumps. His eyes were piercing my skin, and the car stopped. I turned towards the window to avoid his gaze.

The servants welcomed us with warmth. The house was spacious, but it was only a house and not a home. Sam was an arrogant man who abusive's his power. I hated his guts from high school days, because of how he treated my Camilia.

"Marco Solis, he is the head director of the Enterprise you closed the deal with."

"So what?, am I supposed to respect him because he has money?"

Marco

"Watch your mouth, Iris"

"Or what Marco?"

All I wanted was to have an amazing vacation. Find a guy and enjoy some food, but no my father has to mess everything up for me. "So Marco, how much do you earn?" "I bet you live off your father's money."

"That's the thing with women like you. You underestimate men too easily, I could make you come with my fingers."

The place went silent, everyone looked at each other and then back at us. "Enough!" "Discussions like this aren't allowed at the dining table." Dad was right, but I had to speak my mind just for once in my life.

Camila

"Sam, what about that girl you got pregnant did your parents cover that up? " He got another woman pregnant. That's common assault, nothing surprises me at this point. Silence filled the air as Sam changed the subject. Camila wouldn't dare to interrupt Sam while he was talking.

Camila

"I've had enough, I've waited each passing day for you to love me. Yet you can't do that.  I guess loving her is easy, huh?"

"Stop Camila, and eat your food."

"You and I know you're sleeping with the person across you."

Sam stopped and slapped Camila in the face. He dragged her outside pulling her by her hair. Marco went outside and check on them. While I sat there in my chair, eating. Then suddenly my throat began to tighten up.

"Mom, I"

"Get the doctor, you stupid fool. Didn't you know she's allergic to nuts?"

" Damn ass, get up. We need to get her to the hospital."

8/4/2022